Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Don't take someone else's word for it...go to the source itself...she makes a racist comment about the superiority of hispanic women [[reverse discriminatory), and she states that she believes that judges make policy which means that she is an activist judge. That is just for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Don't take someone else's word for it...go to the source itself...
    This is going to become my favorite response to your ramblings.

ccbatson Guest

Are you going to start by taking my advice in this case?? Didn't think so.

I don't know what racist comment you refer to so its not possible for me to take your do as I say, not as I do advice. If you want people to go to your source, you have to provide a link to it. Prove you went to the source by having one for the first time since you've been here.

ccbatson Guest

THe one where she says that a hispanic women will come to a better conclusion than a white male. Missed that one? If so, you need to broaden your horizons beyond the liberal mainstream media.

Yes. I did miss it. Please educate me with a link so I can be as smart as you and end my sentences with three periods and my questions with two question marks.

What station should I listen to? Come on. Say it. Say it.

ccbatson Guest

Rather than a specific link...as you likely miss a great deal if this is any reflection, I will give you a few good search key words.

Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Fox news.

Enjoy.

OK...I will give you one link to start you out http://marklevinshow.com/home.asp

But, wise one, I thought you said . . .

Don't take someone else's word for it...go to the source itself...

OK...I will give you one link to start you out http://marklevinshow.com/home.asp
    Wow..that enormous popup shamelessly promoting his book, that covers and darkens out nearly Levin's entire webpage, certainly encourages me to shell out for it...

But hey...if I were only to subscribe to a year's worth of Townhall Magazine, for the low, low price of $34.95, [[60% off the cover price) I could also receive Levin's book, Liberty And Tyranny for free!!
    Last edited by Flanders; May-30-09 at 12:46 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Close the advertisement, and follow the links. Not more than 2 clicks to video and audio straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Wow..that enormous popup shamelessly promoting his book, that covers and darkens out nearly Levin's entire webpage, certainly encourages me to shell out for it...

But hey...if I were only to subscribe to a year's worth of Townhall Magazine, for the low, low price of $34.95, [[60% off the cover price) I could also receive Levin's book, Liberty And Tyranny for free!!
    And in a couple of weeks Levin's book will be on the NY Times best seller list.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Poor word selection. You could say this is a simple comparison of Latina [[female) versus Caucasian male. This type of comparison regarding analytical aptitude is fundamentally problematic as it refers to potential innate superiorities. That would be a very difficult and uncomfortable discussion. Let us not shy away from it.

*** In the Honorable Judge Sotomayor's defense, she did further qualify beyond simply race and gender when she specifically [[only) added the wisdom attribute to the Latina. Wisdom is generally considered acquired or learned [[i.e. life experiences), in contrast to innate..
    I also believe it was a poor selection of words, however, I also believe she is right.

One must understand the game the Rushes, the Hannities and other right wing talking heads are playing. Any quote or ruling by her is fair game subject to be taken out of context.

The only people that count in this, are the republican senators who can block this appointment. My prediction ... they will jump up and down a couple of times so they can satisfy their base then they will vote to confirm her. Obama has them boxed in this time, and I think Obama would just love it if the republicans gave him a fight on this appointment.

I also believe it was a poor selection of words, however, I also believe she is right.
    Thanks for not shying away. If I may be so bold, I'll temporarily focus solely on the first part of your post [[quoted directly above).

If the Honorable Judge Sotomayor is correct [[in the specific manner you ascribe in the quote above), out of the "... richness of her experiences ..." [[wisdom), or innately?

The product of the SCOTUS is a single majority opinion ...
    Correction. The primary product of the SCOTUS is a majority opinion ...

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Thanks for not shying away. If I may be so bold, I'll temporarily focus solely on the first part of your post [[quoted directly above).

If the Honorable Judge Sotomayor is correct [[in the specific manner you ascribe in the quote above), out of the "... richness of her experiences ..." [[wisdom), or innately?
    I believe that hispanics, as well as blacks and other ethnic groups can have a different way of looking at the world, based on life experiences. White males have been on top for so long that they innately feel that there world view is the only one that should count. Her life experiences gives her a perpective on tough issues that comes before the court of appeals [[or supreme court) and they won't necessary be in lockstep with the white male justices.
    Even though I believe it would be a better decision that could be just my biases talking , what she should have said was different rather than better and let the public put their own value to that statement.

cheddar bob Guest

From the NCLR:

The nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court was an historic and proud moment for Latinos and the country as a whole. But her ethnicity has proven too much of a temptation for the voices of hate and extremism, who instead of looking at her judicial record have launched a vocal rampage that has reached new heights of absurdity.

Rush Limbaugh, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and others are claiming that Sotomayor is a "reverse racist" because she believes that more judges with diverse backgrounds and experiences would be a good thing for the judicial system. Mark Krikorian of the Center for Immigration Studies [[the "think tank" of Tanton's web of anti-immigrant extremist groups) and his pals at the National Review online are just beside themselves that Judge Sotomayor had the temerity to pronounce her own name correctly. They basically said that if she was a real American, she would butcher it. In an article that appeared in The Hill newspaper, Republican insiders are quoted as being "concerned" that Sotomayor's avowed love of arroz con gandules and other Puerto Rican delicacies will cloud her judicial decision-making.

This one, however, takes the cake:

Former Congressman, failed presidential candidate, and anti-immigrant extremist Tom Tancredo, unable to provide a shred of evidence for his assertion that Judge Sotomayor is a "racist," went off the deep end on CNN, saying Sotomayor belongs to "the Latino KKK without the hoods and nooses."

That's what Tancredo called NCLR-a 40-year-old, national Latino civil rights organization that works with community organizations all over the country to help Latino families achieve the American Dream. NCLR has been recognized by members of Congress and the media, has hosted presidents of both political parties, and works hand in hand with other national civil rights organizations in a bipartisan way to improve the lives of all Americans.

Act now to stop this nonsense.

Raising questions and concerns about Judge Sotomayor's 17-year record on the bench is legitimate. Resorting to outdated stereotypes, defamation of character, and outright falsehoods is not.

Please join us and send a message to Chairman Michael Steele of the RNC, House Minority Leader John Boehner, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell asking them to denounce these statements and restore the nomination process for Judge Sotomayor to a more appropriate and civil discourse.

ccbatson Guest

Been on the best seller's list as number 1 for 8 weeks now BTW [[or is it 9)?

Poor choice of words? Definitely. A sign of very poor judgement [[not a good thing for a potential supreme court "judge")? You betcha.

Been on the best seller's list as number 1 for 8 weeks now BTW [[or is it 9)?

Poor choice of words? Definitely.
    I agree. I would have said Mark Levin's "Liberty and Tyranny" has been the number one seller for eight or nine weeks.
    Last edited by mjs; June-01-09 at 07:39 AM.

I believe that hispanics, as well as blacks and other ethnic groups can have a different way of looking at the world, based on life experiences... Her life experiences gives her a perpective on tough issues that comes before the court of appeals [[or supreme court)...
    Wisdom, not innate. Hence your further assertion...
    ... what she should have said was different rather than better and let the public put their own value to that statement.
    Ambiguity has saved many a position.

Even though I believe it would be a better decision that could be just my biases talking...
    Potentially a [[slightly?) different argument. Weakened by admitting it could be biased. Understandable however because it preserves personal biases [[a root value).

Don't take someone else's word for it...go to the source itself...she makes a racist comment about the superiority of hispanic women [[reverse discriminatory), and she states that she believes that judges make policy which means that she is an activist judge. That is just for starters.
    Since the right likes to talk about racist and sexist comments, here's one from their convicted felon hero, G. Gordon Liddy, as he rambles on about his racist feelings: http://thinkprogress.org/2009/05/29/...-menstruating/

Yet I'm sure they would welcome him on the Supreme Court, as he is one of their own.

ccbatson Guest

Back to the old 2 wrongs make a right ploy? Is Liddy nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court?

Can the libs on this board at least try to make a coherent argument? It is too easy to shoot down and less fun the way you guys play it now.

According to Manuel Miranda's logic, the Honorable Judge Sonia Sotomayor should have no problems being confirmed.

Go to the 1:44 mark to hear Manuel Miranda's statement.

... Hispanics think just like everyone else. We're not like African-Americans, and we think just like everybody else.

ccbatson Guest

Brilliant compound reverse racism. Why do the liberals elevate race to this level of importance? Isn't that racism itself?

Why do the liberals elevate race to this level of importance?
    This is an attempt to ridicule or minimize the reality of the unfortunate race factor in the USA. This is the vintage argument that supposes whether any person or group could or would make racism worse by exposing it. Stated in the vernacular, "don't rock the boat", or worse, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". The latter carrying the extra peril of denying racism is something broken.

As far as elevating "race to this level of importance", ask that question to those historical figures in positions of leadership and power in the USA ever since the middle passage. It was of a supreme "level of importance" in the creation and development of the USA, and all the way through and beyond the civil rights era. Today, it is often of supreme importance to prematurely sweep race under the rug and claim it dead [["Why ... elevate race to this level of importance?"), as if that simple utterance would suffice.

Brilliant compound reverse racism.
    • Reverse racism is misused terminology.
    • Two or more what?

When responding to this particular post, please be specific. Quoting the exact assertion you are responding to or refuting helps your audience follow your arguments. An educated person such as yourself would surely know that articulated detail is important. Your oft ambiguous responses are duly noted. And the ensuing frustration upon the reader, which you are so proud of, is temporary. Some of us, maybe most of us, would prefer to respectfully disagree with you after dialogue than pity or mock your scattered and unrefined arguments.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; June-08-09 at 03:32 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast