Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quit pretending you didn't come in here and called me a noob and liken me to a Freep commentator. I don't read the Freep's article comment's because they are way too over the top. Enjoy them though. I'm still waiting for you to contribute something intelligent to this thread? ...Because you "only" post on subjects you know about... BTW your not a moderator for this site, and I don't care what post's of mine you like or dislike.

I will say that some of my most enjoyable experiences was going to the pool at CAY Rec Center on Chene, just a short walk from McDonald's Square on Vernor. There was a very small fee to use the pool. The pool guy would check your feet and ankles like a drill sergeant prior to you entering the pool; if you didn't make the cut, back to showers with you.

Bottom line is that it really is a shame that droves of young children will be missing out on this experience through no fault of their own: geographical and socioeconomic displacement.

Ummmm, YOU need to calm down. I was AGREEING with and supportive of your post. Duh.... RE-READ.

And regarding the mass attack of my posts [[2,524 and counting), like most things, 'opinions vary'. Again chill... it's really ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    You wouldn't want go swim in pool that was filled with people huh? It's called sharing dude. They are usually busy when its hot out[[best time to swim). Maybe you have your own pool to swim in at home. Don't ever have to share with people you don't approve of for whatever reason huh? Who cares about a pool in Southfield? Is Southfield the same as Detroit? Your leverage is worthless. You aren't very intelligent like most of your contingent.. 2600 brainless posts and counting for Zacha... Everybody give him a big hand and tell him thanks for continually wasting peoples time....
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-22-11 at 03:15 PM.

Wow, I used to swim at CAY it was great. I learned how to swim at Joseph Walker Williams which has a great Olympic sized pool. Yeah the point is not to say there's no validity to keeping these venues open. But getting crazy about it is not the answer either. Perhaps they can close an additional day during the week to cut down on costs, and reduces staff a bit. They had to know the costs were high to run this facility. Why no measure to reduces over-head... instead of going straight to closing it down? Someone needs to put to to Ficano....
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I will say that some of my most enjoyable experiences was going to the pool at CAY Rec Center on Chene, just a short walk from McDonald's Square on Vernor. There was a very small fee to use the pool. The pool guy would check your feet and ankles like a drill sergeant prior to you entering the pool; if you didn't make the cut, back to showers with you.

Bottom line is that it really is a shame that droves of young children will be missing out on this experience through no fault of their own: geographical and socioeconomic displacement.

As a product of Brightmoor, County Exec Ed McNamara felt the water park was very important to the city. In his view, Chandler Park represented the Disney World or Cedar Point that eastside kids would never experience.

Here is a short article from Crain's on this topic:
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...will-be-closed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3