Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
And as I have said many times previously, if they are hurt because people would rather eat at a truck, then so be it.
Except - again - if the restaurant goes out of business and our tax structure is still largely based around brick and mortar establishments, we're screwed.

And how much revenue do you think this would be? The city [[as you have often pointed out) wastes an awful lot of money. I would like to see that wastage reduced before I started worrying about hypothetical revenue losses caused by food trucks.
The City of Detroit wastes millions upon millions of tax dollars. The problem is, they're going to continue wasting huge amounts of cash regardless of whether or not food trucks are widely available.

Hell, if food trucks were enough to get the City to start spending its money wisely, I'd put a dozen on the streets myself. However, there's no way in hell that's going to happen.

The money that the Bing Administration wastes each year is a separate and independent variable in this equation. We still have to find a way to adapt to a changing market.