Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone Living in Willy's Overland Lofts?

I have passed by this development on several occasions, especially at night and have only seen a few lights on the upper floors. I see that many of the balconies still have not been put into place either. What gives?
    Last edited by royce; July-06-11 at 03:12 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    I have passed by this development on several occasions, especially at night and have only seen a few lights on the upper floors. I see that many of the balconies still have not been put into place either. What gives?
    Definitely people living here. I believe the development is 30-40% full sold. Several more units are under contract, but the problem right now is that the building won't qualify for FHA financing [[only 3% down payment) until 3 other units are sold. Until then, people need 20% down payment, which is a taller order.

But yes....people living here, and I think they just closed the penthouse unit.

jesus. with the price of these, who is buying? i'm looking around at really sweet properties for sale for much, much less.

According to Model D Willys Overland has some gay and lesbian residents. And perhaps a dress code?

http://www.modeldmedia.com/features/gayfriendly611.aspx

oh man, i often wear tan pants and white shirts.......

Gay or straight, the lofts themselves are damn sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by jayclarkreid View Post
    jesus. with the price of these, who is buying? i'm looking around at really sweet properties for sale for much, much less.
    I have to agree. I don't know if they are selling at their asking prices, but the asking prices seem rather high.

Checking in with the khakis, white shirt and shaved head. No idea it was a gay-iform.

I was there sometime last summer or fall for an event. The place is really nice but i believe at the time many of the units were still unsold [[they had an office showing many of the options; you can pretty much spec out your unit anyway you want)

I was out on the balcony and the location and view is amazing. If you can afford it, it would be tough to find a much nicer place. [[I have a picture but having trouble uploading it)