Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Busy bars on "Off Nights"

Hi Everyone,

So here is my dilemma. I love going to Detroit to spend my nights. We usually stay downtown and go bar to bar. I am engaged so I'm not usually looking for jam packed bars with a bunch of women BUT my guy friends are. So I'm looking for some good bars that could be busy on non-game day nights like this Saturday. Not night clubs just normal bars.

Thanks!

What type of D-bag are you? Then we'll know what bar to direct you to.

^^^ The above, in case it isn't totally obvious, is a harmless joke intended to offend nobody.

I guess if I had to fall into a D-Bag category since everyone is technically a d-bag to someone. I'd be the laid back sports d-bag who always wears a tigers hat and buys too many rounds for others at the bar.

I like to be a D-Bag at Forans, but because it's convenient to me I go to Hard Luck, Town Pump, or Park Bar...If I'm really feeling D-Baggy....I'll go to Centaur.

I like the Well and the Baltimore, too. Those are nice dive D-Bag bars.

I do my D-bagging in Hamtramck mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    I guess if I had to fall into a D-Bag category since everyone is technically a d-bag to someone. I'd be the laid back sports d-bag who always wears a tigers hat and buys too many rounds for others at the bar.
    We are the same kind of D-Bag. Haha. You *might* have luck at Delux Lounge [[club/bar) on Monroe near Brush, depending on the evening. On Wednesdays, Grand Trunk Pub [[Forans) on Congress is usually pretty decent as well w/ live music upstairs at MotorCity Wine. Jacoby's is typically a safe bet as well if there is something going on downtown, but they do close at 12AM on weeknights if it is slow.

Foran's is excellent, although they're trying to get people to call it the Grand Trunk Pub now. It will be both to many. The Well looks fun, Coach's Corner is another sporto place, but the food is better at Harrys. Harbor House, Bookie's, etc. For a quiet drink I actually go to the Old Shillelagh around 7 p.m. Dark and just regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    I like to be a D-Bag at Forans, but because it's convenient to me I go to Hard Luck, Town Pump, or Park Bar...If I'm really feeling D-Baggy....I'll go to Centaur.

I like the Well and the Baltimore, too. Those are nice dive D-Bag bars.
    I appreciate the d-bag advice. I love hard luck, my fiancee and I are there all the time. it's just so dead there at times. My fellow D-Bags and I will be making a stop in there on Saturday at some point though.

So I'm getting plenty of great d-bag advice but I just want to know if you were to pick a bar this Saturday, around 10PM what would it be? For a good busy crowd of course.

Is the Baltimore always busy even on non-game nights? I love being a d-bag there and taking 3 for 10 shots of 1800.

Love seeing people run with a joke. Even D-bags.

I like the Old Miami and the Bronx, definitely D-baggy!!

Stromberg2

If you're going for the D-baggy sports-ish experience, you could do Excalibur in Grosse Pointe Park, and if you didn't enjoy D-bagging there, you could very easily walk to the Tap Room, O'Flaherty's [[I think) or Hard Luck Lounge within 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Alley; July-06-11 at 04:54 PM.

Baltimore and The Well are always pretty packed on weekends. I love Centaur, but more of a chill date night type of place. Delux is always packed too, but pretty hit or miss. You'll definitely find lots of drunk girls though. Pulse is great. Doesn't get a huge crowd if nothing is going on that night though. The Dj is great and mixes in some older hip hop, like Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul and others,which I love,so I pretty much make sure to stop there at some point each Saturday. Park bar is ok...but pretty chill.

I appreciate the d-bag advice. I love hard luck, my fiancee and I are there all the time. it's just so dead there at times. My fellow D-Bags and I will be making a stop in there on Saturday at some point though.

So I'm getting plenty of great d-bag advice but I just want to know if you were to pick a bar this Saturday, around 10PM what would it be? For a good busy crowd of course.

Is the Baltimore always busy even on non-game nights? I love being a d-bag there and taking 3 for 10 shots of 1800.
    Hard Luck is usually always dead except for game/event nights. Too dead like you were saying.

Old Shillelagh usually has a good crowd on off nights, in fact most of the places around Greektown are busy...i.e. the Baltimore, Well, Deluxe...

The Baltimore usually has a back room they keep open after hours to like 6:00 am...and if you like to smoke cigs...it's the spot for you and your D-Bag friends.

The Baltimore usually has a back room they keep open after hours to like 6:00 am...and if you like to smoke cigs...it's the spot for you and your D-Bag friends.
    Shhhhh....!

I disagree. Baltimore closes promptly at 2:05. Centaur stays open till six.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    I disagree. Baltimore closes promptly at 2:05. Centaur stays open till six.
    You can disagree...but on more than a handful of occasions we've been served till the sun was coming up in the bar in the back.

You can disagree...but on more than a handful of occasions we've been served till the sun was coming up in the bar in the back.
    I'm sure the proprietors really love you publishing that information too.

Quote Originally Posted by tarynd85 View Post
    Baltimore and The Well are always pretty packed on weekends. I love Centaur, but more of a chill date night type of place. Delux is always packed too, but pretty hit or miss. You'll definitely find lots of drunk girls though. Pulse is great. Doesn't get a huge crowd if nothing is going on that night though. The Dj is great and mixes in some older hip hop, like Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul and others,which I love,so I pretty much make sure to stop there at some point each Saturday. Park bar is ok...but pretty chill.
    If I can hear any Tribe Called Quest at any bar without me having to pay to play it in the jukebox, I'm happy. I will have to stop in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I'm sure the proprietors really love you publishing that information too.
    Yes, I agree. Don't ruin that! The Baltimore is a lot of fun. I think I have a game plan for me and the DB's, but anymore suggestions are welcomed.

That would make a heck of a band name. JROLLA & The D-Bags.

idiot ! ! !

bartock Guest

Yes, I agree. Don't ruin that! The Baltimore is a lot of fun. I think I have a game plan for me and the DB's, but anymore suggestions are welcomed.

That would make a heck of a band name. JROLLA & The D-Bags.

That is certainly a d-o-u-c-h-e-y name.

Were you the guy who rollerbladed past me in a suit, dark rimmed glasses and a helmet this morning at Fort and Washington Blvd.?
    Last edited by bartock; July-07-11 at 10:10 AM. Reason: censorship?

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    That is certainly a d-o-u-c-h-e-y name.

Were you the guy who rollerbladed past me in a suit, dark rimmed glasses and a helmet this morning at Fort and Washington Blvd.?
    Yes that was me. Was that your civic? I LIKE IT! The flames on the side and the spoiler must add at least 4 or 5 more hp.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    idiot ! ! !
    Oh fuck! I blew it. I can here the cop sirens already....shit!!!

Besides..I was totally kidding...only a total moron would put that sort of info on this forum..

I'm also angry with myself for not picking up Ham's sarcasm...you can all fault me for my own retardedness.
    Last edited by Planner3357; July-07-11 at 10:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast