Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward's Cousin View Post
    With copies of "Surrendered" circulating to who knows how many friends and family like 313hero I don't think it will be long before some--ahem--perhaps more objective journalists than those at The Michigan Citizen have a chance to read the book and have a chance to critique it. Meanwhile, Mr. Kilpatrick's BFF Sharon McPhail has weighed in with her contribution to the Kwame Kilpatrick reputation enhancement effort:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...ct_chec_1.html
    dont worry Woodward you guys will have your copy when it comes out. "objective journalist" lol I think you meant slanderous journalist.

Here's an interesting Jeff Wattrick piece on some claimants who may also want to claim a share of the proceeds from the publication of "Surrendered".

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/07/convicted_felon_kwame_kilpatri.html

Do you suppose there will be enough to go around ? And then for Mr. Kilpatrick to receive some money out of it ?

The short answer is no !

Just like with OJ various parties will try and attach as much of his present and future income as they can legally get away with.

The idea is if they can't humble him ethically, they will humble him financially

Looks like someone in Mr. Kilpatrick's family and/or Posse has shared a copy of "Surrendered" with WDIV:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28636859/detail.html

Here's an excerpt of the write up on the WDIV web site:

"In the draft of the book Kilpatrick says admits to smoking pot in college and as a teacher with the Detroit Public Schools. He also admitted he “scammed” state funded food stamps while in college and Carlita Kilpatrick was already pregnant with twins when they got married."

Here's a link to the WDIV video:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28637595/index.html

The day when we all will be able to read "Surrendered" is coming closer. Mr. Kilpatrrick is scheduled to be released from prison next Tuesday morning and the book should be in the hands of the purchasing public within a few days according to the schedule set out on the publishing company's web site.

I have observed above that we need to try to understand the world view of 313hero and others who share her fervent belief that unfair treatment has rained down on Mr. Kilpatrick in recent years.
    313hero is not alone in her views.
    The Curt Guyette commentary on "Surrendered" [[linked above) elicited this response , as reported in this week's Metro Times:

"Swearing mad
    I'm just leaving you this message to inform you that you know your article on Kwame Kilpatrick [["Still spinning," News Hits, July 13) was very insulting and very ignorant. Why don't you, the white motherfuckers like you leave Kwame Kilpatrick up to the people who love him the most: Detroiters. We love Kwame with his flaws. Why don't you take your white ass somewhere and find some white people to talk about. Like George Bush or somebody of that nature. You know, you white people kill me, passing judgment on black folk all the time. So what he ain't perfect? Your white honky ass ain't perfect either, are you? So the next time you decide to write an article about somebody, why don't you go find one of those white crackers to write it about? Somebody who looks like you and thinks like you. Stupid white motherfucker. "—Anonymous message on voice mail

313hero..in an effort to understand your world view I have a couple of questions:

1, Do you think the voicemail message reported in Metro Times is authentic, or some disinformation meant to create a phony negative exemplar of Mr. Kilpatrick's supporters as terribly ignorant and hate-filled ?

2, If you believe it is authentic, could you explain in your more measured tone what the the person leaving the message believes to be true ?

3. What views or sentiments in the message do you personally either agree with or disagree with ?

I remain very interested to see how Mr. Kilpatrick treats one-time supporters in his book.
    Will he attempt to settle scores and attempt to demean some prominent Detroiters, or will he simply emphasize and extol his religious insights and personal growth experienced while in prison ?

Like Mein Kampf [[sp).

Stromberg2

Woodward-
    1. As far as the voicemail message it could be bull or it could be someone fed up w/ how yall treated and continue to treat KK. I wouldnt stoop to that level but I understand the frustration. If you dont think that KK was treated unfairly by now its nothing I can say or do to change your mind or even get you to "understand." if you read my comments on this thread and still oblivious to why we and most Detroiter's still support him, you're a lost cause. Cause we all know if he ran for Mayor tomorrow he would win.

2. Just a couple of quick examples. KK was thrown in jail cause he got a loan and didnt tell the judge. the judge treated his debt as an asset. A COP KILLED Aiyanna Jones [[7) and its been over a year and noone knows anything about it, and the cop is still on the force getting paid. But word comes out KK is releasing a book and the very next week they in court talking about whats going to happen w/ the money from a book that hasnt even came out yet. But we cant get any justice for Aiyanna Jones and the incident was on tape. Karen Plants, Judge Waterstone and 2 inkster cops all conspired to commit perjury and did. Kym Worthy defended there actions, their lies under oath. KP got 6 months but is able to get out and go to work from 6-9 mon-fri, while doing her sentence. the cops got misdemeanors and will be able to go back to being cops after their punishment is over. Virtually no media coverage for non of it.
    However the media told lies about KK having a party at the Manoogian for years, almost everyday. the media is all over every court date, live streaming it. its a show. KK is your cash cow. YOU exploit him every chance you get cause it will help your bottom line.
    Gary Brown, Stefani, and Nelthrope Blackmailed they way into millions and you turn a blind eye. KK moves to the otherside of the country and you follow him in the grocery store, you follow his wife and children around all for your profit. do I really need to continue???

3. Buy the book and find out

[QUOTE=313hero; if you read my comments on this thread and still oblivious to why we and most Detroiter's still support him, you're a lost cause. Cause we all know if he ran for Mayor tomorrow he would win.

As sad as that sounds, it's probably true.

Don't quite yet have the hang of composing a post with a quote.

Islandman, Kilpatrick wouild not be elected mayor of Detroit. He'd probably get no more that 16% of the vote in my opinion.
    Detroiters had the sense to vote out Bates, Monica Conyers and Martha Reeves. A lot of folks feel they were "played" in 2005 by Mr, Kilpatrick's professed contrition for conduct during his first term. They won't be fooled again, and some take it quite personally.
    Most folks who would be interested in reading "Surrendered" will not puirchase it from the publisher, but will borrow it, or wait to buy it used.
    We will know how many copies are sold based on the amount of money paid into the escrow account ordered by Judge Groner.
    I don't really know but my guess is that there will be well under a 1,000 copies sold, unless there is some game-playing with discounted bulk orders by organizations
    supportive of Mr. Kilpatrick like the Shrine. May his current churches as well.
    Hey, maybe the publisher will institute a "friends and family plan".

In Detroit Free Press Poli-Bites today, 7.31.11:

Book publicity firm dumps Kilpatrick

A lot of people have stuck with Kwame Kilpatrick through thick and thin, but the publicity firm hired to hype his book, "Surrendered: The Rise, Fall & Revelation of Kwame Kilpatrick," isn't among them.
    Smith Publicity, an international book promotion firm, had been prepared to help Kilpatrick promote the book once he got out of prison. Now, with Kilpatrick set to walk out of the G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility in Jackson on Tuesday, they've cut him loose.
    "It was our decision," publicist Kate Knapp said Friday, "but we wish him the best."

Wonder what was behind this move ? Perhaps that Mr. Kilpatrick had no way to pay the book publicity firm out of the anticipated proceeds from the book with all of the proceeds due Aktion, Mr. Kilpatrick and so on ordered by Judge Groner to be paid into an escrow account.

Jeff Wattrick on the MLive site reports that "Surrendered" will be out on August 9, and quotes Jim Shaffer of the Free Press commenting on the contents of the book. Very, very strange that Shaffer has read the book [[ presumably a reviewer's copy like Channel 4, AP, and The Michigan Citizen) but hasn't published any articles on the contents of the book.
    Was a decision made by the suits at the Freep [[ Paul Anger, Jeff Taylor, et al) not to let Shaffer and Elrick disclose the more newsworthy contents of the book ? If so, the the decision represents terrible and discouraging editorial judgment ! Perhaps they'll be allowed to write something when the book comes out. I thought the whole idea was to inform the public and to sell newspapers. How does sitting on early knowledge on the contents of "Surrendered" conform with that organizational mission ?
    While we all have Kilpatrick fatigue, we are only at the end of the beginning of the saga, not even at the beginning of the end. The public corruption allegations will be tested in court next year, and are far more important that the tawdry prelude we have witnessed to date.
    Mr. Anger, don't put up a barrier to reporting on Mr. Kilpatrick. When you have retired and moved away we will be dealing with the aftermath of this terrible experience and it is important that the reporting on the "Kilpatrick Enterprise" , in all of its forms, be as comprehensive as possible.

Here's the link to the well done Wattrick piece:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...ks_book_i.html

Here's a ink to a balanced Detroit News piece yesterday on the co-writer of "Surrendered", Khari Kimani Turner:
    http://detnews.com/article/20110801/...released-today

The article reminds us that Mr. Turner is married to a cousin of Mr. Kilpatrick. Say, do you suppose the cousin is 313h...........?

Now, the Detroit News appears to have a reader's copy of "Surrendered", and has highlighted some of Mr. Kilpatrick's criticisms of those who he believe participated in the conspiracy to drive him from office:
    http://detnews.com/article/20110802/...rokers-in-book

Still nothing about the contents of the book from the Detroit Free Press, even though at least one reporter has read it cover to cover, and who knows how many more have read it and/or now have her or his own copy. Very strange, and discouraging for the future of newspapers in Detroit and the Freep in particular.

Mr. Kilpatrick's attacks on local figures, and what he claims credit for accomplishing, will make for interesting reading.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4