Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Is it typical for Detroit mayoral candidates to have fund raising events in Chicago?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    "What many remember most about Kilpatrick, the youngest person elected as mayor in the nation’s history"

That statement sort of sums up what I'd expect the book to be about - "a bunch of made-up stuff." And, ho hum, Kwame seems to be blaming the local Jewish community for his problems.
    Nope, sorry, Hillsdale elected an 18-year-old mayor in 2005.

I can't believe this gangster wannabe thought he had a microscopic chance to be president. When are we not going to hear his name or see his family anymore? Fat clown!

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward's Cousin View Post
    Kilpatrick writes he "hated on" Obama "a little, asking God, 'Why? Why him and not me?'"
    Probably he was thinking about what could have been. The bad decisions he made and the good decisions Obama made.

In 2004 at the Democratic convention both spoke on the same evening. Kilpatrick as a featured speaker and Obama giving the keynote address.

Both were thought of as a new wave of rising young dem's who had a bright future.

I'm sure Kwame felt he was at least as qualified as Obama to hold higher office.

However Kwame lacked discipline and was ethically challenged [[for sure and maybe criminally as well) which would de-rail any chance of him being mentioned in the same breath as Obama after 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Nope, sorry, Hillsdale elected an 18-year-old mayor in 2005.
    It should be major city, I'm sure there's a few Hillsdale type young mayor stories around the country.

KK often stated that he would be the first black president - he was raised to believe it was his birthright. He was going to go to Congress when his mother retired and endorsed him and then he would run for president.
    I have to believe that he understands politics so well that he thought a snow-job of the American people was possible, and that ethical challenges are not a barrier. And wouldn't he have created the ultimate "pay-to-play" scheme?

Think of the havoc he would have created if he would somehow have been championed and elected!

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    KK often stated that he would be the first black president - he was raised to believe it was his birthright. He was going to go to Congress when his mother retired and endorsed him and then he would run for president.
    !
    serously?
    wow.. I wonder, had the plan gone "right", when would his mother decide to step down and have Kwame run in her stead? Or would he have tried to go for Carl Levin's senate position whenever he retired?
    at least now, fortunately, we won't have to find out..
    I wonder though, once he gets out on parole, I guess he'll be hitting the talk show circuit about his book. Presumably mostly african-american outlets/forums.. Most "mainstream" press outlets will probably tend to be more critical and know more details about his allegations in the book.. just who is the 'cabal' out to get him, etc.?
    Last edited by Hypestyles; July-12-11 at 02:07 PM.

This is the reason I refused to give the media the copy of the book I have. Its soooo funny the things they publish and dont publish. KK takes full resposibility for his lying and cheating. he has apoligized on numerous occasions, the book talks about his story, his side of the story. If you guys just want continue w/ the hatred cool, but it seems to me if you are really concerned about what actually happened and how it will affect ALL of us I say you should read it. the whole book not just excerpts. KK hurt alot of people's feelings, he redirected alot of money from wealthy non Detroit businesses and gave contracts or made contractors break bread w/ Detroiters. The book talks about HIS ACTUALL life, and not the life the media has portrayed about him.
    I've done alot of research on his situation, and it seems to me that the whole "party" was some bull. and the powers that be couldnt believe he got reelected even after they had half the city and 90% of burbs thinking he killed a stripper. KK had to go. the powers knew he couldnt loose an election so they had to go around the "people" so they did.
    yes KK had an affair, yes KK lied under oath about that affair. he took resposibility for it. He got on TV and apologized to the whole city. he left office, pled guilty, went to jail, got out of jail, got a job, and started paying his restitution. What more do you want??? he moved to the other side of the country. yes he was living in a nice house, but what does that have to do w/ any of us.
    He was ordered to pay $1 mill in 5 years. during that 5 years he was/is on probation and cant run for public office [[now he cant run for 20 years cause of the Kwame Law). they made it illegal for the man to run for office. now back to what I was saying about restitution. He was ordered to pay 30% of his income per month which @ that time was $20k per month = 6k per month in restitution. after his 1st 6 months on the job his wages were cut to $10k p/m. so he wrote a letter saying if he continues to pay 6k he would be left w/ $6 after all of his expenses. that turned into KK said he could only pay $6 in restitution in the media and everyone went crazy. in KK's 1st year out of 5 on restitution paid $120+k. he was dragged into court numerous times @ least 7 or 8 for a "restitution hearing". in those hearings they found out he got a LOAN. they also found out he has around 80k in his childrens scholarship fund [[savings). the court decided it wanted the 80k [[savings) in 30 days. and the 250k in loans in 90 days knowing he didnt have it. KK came up w/ 40k. most of which was donated.
    Now in Americam, when has a debt [[Loans) ever been considered an asset??? and when have savings been considered income. so going into year 2 out of 5 he gets put in prison for not paying half of the ordered restution in the 1st year when the deal was to have it paid in 5. now if you take your gay ass feelings about KK out of the equation you probably will be able to understand what I'm saying. just cause you dont like someone does not mean they're not American and shouldnt be entitled to the same liberties as the next American. what if people dont like you? would you want to be treated that way???
    KK has done alot of wrong granted. but you cant justify doing him wrong cause he did others wrong. 2 wrongs dont make a right. the media could have easily turned on gary brown, Stefani & Nelthrope, saying they extorted millions from the city. but they didnt. they was KK's ticket out of office w/o the vote of the people, so they let it slide
    Extortion/Blackmail. Extortion- is a criminal offence which occurs when a person unlawfully obtains either money, property or services from a person[[s), entity, or institution, through coercion. Wikipedia
    Blackmail- is a crime involving threats to reveal substantially true and/or false information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless a demand is met.
    wikipedia
    Stefani, GB, HN. came to the city's lawyers and said look you're going to settle this case or we are going to realease these text messages [[which were illegally obtained) that will embarress you and your family. [[Black Mail) but the funny part is Stefani had already made a deal w/ the Free Press and had already given them a copy b4 he came to KK w/ their Demands. WTF is that about. and please dont forget the "urban legend" started w/ Nelthrope Gary Browns longtime friend. and lets not forget that Stefani and Brown had been friends for 25+ years before all of this. makes you wonder huh. well it makes me wonder anyway I know they yall hero but they seem to be the bigger crooks in all of this.
    you can dispute my facts if you want its cool. I know all of you guys HATE KK with a pasion. so I really dont care what you call me cause I know the name calling is coming, let me see you're going to call me 313zero, an idiot, etc, etc. Ive just about heard it all. some of you gone say KK is that you, or Carolyn is that you. but what you wont do is address the content of my post. my bad, yes you will. you will tell how I spelled something wrong or didnt place a comma somewhere. thats cool too I can use a grammar lesson on two.
    hey you hate him so why not hate me too. I dont give a hoot.

lilpup Guest

and yet you're here...

Curt Guyette in Metro Times on "Surrendered":

http://metrotimes.com/news/still-spinning-1.1174598

Question for 313hero--other than Kwame Malik Kilpatrick, what other Detroit heroes do you have ?

Before very long we'll all have a chance to read the book.
    For myself, I'd like to have more facts to try to better understand your world view

313hero, I don't think you fully understand just what Kwame's actions cost Detroit.

KK is protesting now that the Court has taken away his free-speech rights by ensuring that all his/his scam sister's share of the profits from sale of book will go into an escrow account with first rights of removal by Wayne County and Michigan corrections for monies owed.

How has he lost his free-speech rights? He is still publishing his side of the story without intervention and interference. His public may still buy his publication without intervention & interference. His profits will go to offset his debts.

313Hero writes: "just cause you dont like someone does not mean they're not American and shouldnt be entitled to the same liberties as the next American. what if people dont like you? would you want to be treated that way??

True, regular people not in the court system get to decide for themselves how/when they will pay off debts - but once in the Court system, as for instance when declaring bankruptcy, the debtor doesn't get free decision-making over spending of income. The Court decides which bills will be paid and when.

KK's freedom to come and go, to decide how to spend his money, to travel to another country - all this is presently under the purview of the Court until he ends his probation.

Curt Guyette in Metro Times on "Surrendered":

http://metrotimes.com/news/still-spinning-1.1174598

Question for 313hero--other than Kwame Malik Kilpatrick, what other Detroit heroes do you have ?

Before very long we'll all have a chance to read the book.
    For myself, I'd like to have more facts to try to better understand your world view
    Now thats real. as for my Detroit Hero's I have a long list. Coleman of course [[eventhough I thought he should have left @ least 5-10 years b4 he did), Carolyn Kilpatrick, Dan Gilbert, Mike Illich, Don Barden, Marvin Beatty, Hester Wheeler, Angelo Henderson, Cindy Pasky, Rev Anthony, Rev Holly, Jeramoja, Pastor Brumfield, Shanell Jackson, Burt Johnson, Marsha Cheeks, Vonzie Whitlow, Frank Stoney, Ms. High, sister Aida, Melvin Moore, Charles Moore, Laurie Moore, Raphael Johnson, tom Hardiman, Bobby Ferguson, John Conyers [[eventhough I think its time for him to leave), Monica Conyers [[yeah she's one of my Hero's), Ken Scott, Ken Sanders, Grant Lancaster, George Barnes, do I really have to continue cause I can list alot of my Detroit Heros

[QUOTE=SWMAP;257829]KK is protesting now that the Court has taken away his free-speech rights by ensuring that all his/his scam sister's share of the profits from sale of book will go into an escrow account with first rights of removal by Wayne County and Michigan corrections for monies owed./QUOTE]

Its cool to put his share towards restitution thats cool, but to undermine all the efforts and work that others put into making this book happen is wrong, those people should be able to get paid. KK cant publish an independent book from a prison cell by himself. he does not have a office in his cell. People pored their blood, sweat, and tears into that book and just cause they're related to KK or a friend of KK means they dont deserve anything for their work. thats bull. Now what if KK gets a job or starts public speaking about his situation will he have to pay all of his earnings to restitution??? I would not be upset if they said the people who worked on the book get their share, and they take a percentage from KK's share. if he goes independent will they garnish ALL of his wages? leaving him w/ nothing? that dont happen in America. even OJ still was able to make money, and Casey Anthony is damn sure going to be making money. Just my opinion, thanks for not calling me every name in the book and having a civil convo, its soooo relieving
    Last edited by 313hero; July-13-11 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo

313hero. Interesting list of heroes. Don't know some of them. Monica Conyers ? Don't get that at all.

The problem with trying to figure out who added what value to the book and who arguably should be compensated--such as the co-author, Khary Kimani Turner [[ did I get it correct ?) is that from the articles about the hearing before Groner on establishing the escrow account, there seemed to be no written agreements establishing who on the Kilpatrick side of things was do what in compensation, for what effort on the book, just that all of the money would flow to Aktion Publishing. If there had been written agreements, I think there would have been a shot at letting some money be received by folks such as the co-author.
    Bottom line is people are going to be mistrustful of anything Mr. Kiklpatrick does because they believe he is deceitful and has done tremedous damage to our community. A lot of good people who were or have been associated with Mr. Kilpatrick have been hurt because of his actions, and informal reports say that some folks are thrown under the bus in "Surrendered". You have the book. . Do you think that's accurate ?

Bottom line is people are going to be mistrustful of anything Mr. Kiklpatrick does because they believe he is deceitful and has done tremedous damage to our community. A lot of good people who were or have been associated with Mr. Kilpatrick have been hurt because of his actions, and informal reports say that some folks are thrown under the bus in "Surrendered". You have the book. . Do you think that's accurate ?
    Alot of good people were thrown under the bus because they were apart of the Kilpatrick "clan" thats because people in this region group people and lable people with a broad brush. anyone involved with KK is a criminal. thats just the reality of this area. but the funny part about all of it is because KK was an adulterer and perjurer. thats it. he cheated on his wife w/ numerous women, and lied about it. that turned him into the biggest crook in Detroit History. the feds did charge him w/ other crimes wich I personally feel is some bull, but I find it funny that the man who "stole all the city's money" wasnt charged w/ embezzelment. I guess he didnt actually steal anything.
    but answering your question did he throw people under the bus the answer is no. he didnt throw anyone under the bus. he just told his story. alot of names are mentioned and the roles they played during his life but no one was "thrown under the bus" he just keeps it real. I thought he was going to go hard on Kym Worthy but he didnt, I was surprised. he did mention her and did talk about alot of things he went through dealing w/ her but he didnt even throw her "under the bus".
    As for the Obama thing if you read the book you'll know what he ment by he hated on him a little. I'll give you a sneak peak. in the book he stated that he and Obama was at an event [[Iwont elaborate on the event get the book) and they were the only Black People there. inthe book he reveals that he knew at that moment one of them wasnt going to make it.

313hero

You are obviously a trusted friend or relative of Mr. Kilpatrick.

If he is convicted of the crimes the feds have charged him with, will you open your mind to the possibility that he is more than a perjurer and adulterer ? And seriously damaged Detroit ?

As for heroes, is not Derrick Miller a hero ? And how about Sharon McPhail ? Art Blackwell ? Conrad Mallett ? These are all folks who did an effective job bringing Mr, Kilpatrick to power., or keeping him in power.

Who do you think were the real leaders in the effort to drive Mr. Kilpatrick out of the Mayor's Office ?

[QUOTE=313hero;257918]
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I would not be upset if they said the people who worked on the book get their share, and they take a percentage from KK's share. if he goes independent will they garnish ALL of his wages? leaving him w/ nothing? that dont happen in America. even OJ still was able to make money, and Casey Anthony is damn sure going to be making money.
    I do hope the author and others can at least get his money from the proceeds of the book. However as far as Kwame getting paid , that might be difficult to justify at least until the city of Detroit is paid back.

As to the O.J. statement thats not really true. The Goldman family has been able to attach a claim to all of O.J.'s outside income. The only income they cannot attach is his NFL pension which the last I read was about $ 25,000 month.

I believe over time this has frustated him and led him to that deal in Vegas that got him put in prison.

Also don't count on Casey Antony getting rich anytime soon. Folks are really pissed about that deal especially in Florida.

313hero

If he is convicted of the crimes the feds have charged him with, will you open your mind to the possibility that he is more than a perjurer and adulterer ? And seriously damaged Detroit ?

As for heroes, is not Derrick Miller a hero ? And how about Sharon McPhail ? Art Blackwell ? Conrad Mallett ? These are all folks who did an effective job bringing Mr, Kilpatrick to power., or keeping him in power.

Who do you think were the real leaders in the effort to drive Mr. Kilpatrick out of the Mayor's Office ?
    As for heros they are. I said the list goes on and on. We can list hero's all day. If you want me to continue a list I can and will but whats the point??? If he does get convicted of the crimes he was charged with so be it. I really dont know what all the charges are saying, to tell the truth. it seems like he was hooking Detroiters up with jobs and contracts to me. I know he wasnt charged w/ embezzelment. I know he wasnt tied to synagro, I know they keep talking about him and Bobby Ferguson. But from what I see he was a fellow Detroiter who was getting contracts and who hired Detroiters. KK gave him a chance and they ran w/ it. I'm not upset w/ that. if its against the law let the chips fall where they may. but if thats the case I want to see other people who do the same thing get the same treatment. I'm not mad KK had an affair it didnt affect my life. But what it did do was sell papers. so be it.
    This area has become sooo lame that people and the media continue to beat on a dead horse years after the fact. KK's been gone since 08 its 2011 and he's still the most talked about person in this Region. People are obsessed with someone they claim to hate so much. Its not about his crimes its about him. A cop MURDERED a little girl name Aiyana Jones on tape and he is still on the job and we have not heard a peep out of anyone as to wheres the investigation. what happened?, wheres the tape? did the Grandma really tussle w/ the officer? did the officer just bust down the door and shot the first thing moving? we dont know anything, and its been a year since her death, but KK says he's releasing a book and the next week they're in court for a hearing about the money he could make. WTF people.
    I know KK did wrong but no one deserves all of this. someone broke into my house last year and the police still have not showed up. I am more concerned about keeping assholes from breaking into my house than the new Kwame news. But its the hatred for the man not the crime that is driving this. A cop Murdered one of our BABIES and they dont even have the courage to keep us informed about what actually happened, but if KK grabs his wifes breast we hear about that and how thats going to play out for months. Get Serious ppl.
    I really appreciate this site for letting me express myself. other sites usually Delete my stuff and call me all kinds of names but you guys are cool on this thread. And I truley understand where yall coming from and why. just want yall to take a second to really think on your own about this situation. if you take the name Kilpatrick out of the story and replace it w/ John Smith you will see what I see
    Last edited by 313hero; July-14-11 at 10:14 PM.

313hero ........So, it would read something like "Former Detroit Mayor John Smith is one of five defendants, including his father Bernard Smith, who has been charged in a 38 Count Superseding indictment alleging Rico conspiracy, bribery, extortion, mail/wire fraud, obstruction of justice, filing a false tax return. tax evasion, and aiding and abetting" ?

Have I got it right ? Is that what you see ?

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    I really dont know what all the charges are saying, to tell the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    its the hatred for the man not the crime that is driving this.
    No, but it really is the crime that's driving this. The charges say it all, as listed above by Woodward's Cousin. It's not personal and it's not about the affair.

You guys are forgetting one important thing. In America you are Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. charges are charges. Just cause you're charged w/ something does not mean you're guilty, just ask Casey Anthony. Or since its KK he has to prove he's innocent instead of the system proving he's guilty. remember Kym Worthy "Charged" KK with about 40 counts, he only plead guilty to one. God Bless America

313hero... Does that mean if Mr. Kilpatrick is convicted or pleads guilty that your view of the merits of the charges against him will change ?

The circumstances are a bit different this time around--the feds have a major case to try and Mr. Kilpatrick does not have the very significant bargaining chip of agreeing to resign as mayor and accept a five year bar from running for office.

For many criminals there are family and friends who simply can't acknowledge that the person they care about has done terrible things. I commend you for at least reading reality based antidotes to the cocoon of denial your friends and ,perhaps, family have entered.

If Mr. Kilpatrick is convicted be sure to share your voew of any such conviction on Detroit Yes. You are far from alone in your views and it is constructive for others to try to understand how you perceive the world.

but lets look @ some other examples of what started most of this crap. Officer said he heard that Mayor John Smith had a wild party at the mayor's home b4 he moved in it. the officer gives no time, date, month, or who actually told him that the party happened. then the officer says the Mayor John Smith's wife shows up @ the party and beats a stripper up. no name was given no police report found/filed. the stripper leaves the party, that everyone in the city was at, and runs 2-3 miles half naked to the closest gas station and calls 911. one EMT says he responded to the call and took the girl to the hospital. another EMT said the John Smith's bodyguards took her. Mayor John Smith not wanting it to get out put a hit out on the stripper months later, and destroyed all evidence of the party ever existing, eventhough it was hundreds of people their John Smith managed to scare the Jesus out of all of them so non of them would talk. He also deleted the 911 tapes, and strong armed the Hospital for the hospital records and their Survelance Cameras and tape, so no one would ever see the stripper go in the hospital. All according to one officer, lets name him Nelton, he then goes to a long time friend garret Blue, because Garret Blue was over internal affairs. Neither got permission from the chief to investigate anything but they did anyway.
    another officer, Lowman decided he was going to head the investigation into the strippers murder. he came up w/ all types of conspiracy theories and forgot about all of the other work he needed to get done. Lowman said it was a police officers gun that killed the girl and that she was shot 18 times under oath in a deposition. He had the file and the coroners report. However she was only shot a couple of times and the guy w/ her also got shot. nor was the caliber of weapon the same as the ones the police use. He totally lied. He continued to violate the chain of command and was Moved out of the homicide unit but was making the same amount of money. Garret was Unappointed from his position cause he was looking into things that he wasnt assigned to, and things that was not illegal. he then Retired as a deputy cheif receives his pension and all other retirement benefits. Lowman does the same, so does Nelton.
    they all get together with the same lawyer who happenes to be a 25+ year friend of Garret. they all say they were fired for investigating the party eventhough they didnt provide any REAL information. they all won the case. But just for Insurance they told their lawyer Mayor Smith always used his text device and if he could get them they can get more money and prevent an appeal cause Mayor Smith was having an affair. So the lawyer violates a court order and sends a fake subpoena to the text provider. they send him the messages. the lawyer then gives the messages showing Mayor John Smith had cheated on his wife to the local newspaper. made a deal w/ the paper to hold on to them untill he and his clients get their money.
    The Lawyer, after giving the messages to the media, goes to the city and says you better settle this case cause I have some text messages that will embarress everybody [[Blackmail). they agreed to the settlement and the deal the lawyer came up w/. that they would not give the messages to anyone and they would stay secret, but that was a lie cause he had already given to the media.
    The State Police, AG and everyother agency in the state spent Millions of dollars trying to find out weather this party happened or not. the AG Says it was an "Urban Legend" it did not happen. and almost a decade later nothing still has not shown up saying the party ever happened. but how can Mayor Smith prove it didnt happen if there is no date, time or exact month the party alledgedly happened, so the rumor mills continue. Its easier to prove somethin happened than proving something didn happen. and this is what started everything.

313hero... Does that mean if Mr. Kilpatrick is convicted or pleads guilty that your view of the merits of the charges against him will change ?

and if he's aquitted will you change your views??? or will you claim that he has the Fedreal government paid off?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast