Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    They rounded up 70 women awfully quick for this one.
    She's a member of a breastfeeding association -- all it would take is one email to the other members.

Breastfeeding at Jobbie Nooner. Now there's a clash of imagery right there. That kid better have some nice beads.

Quote Originally Posted by ruxy17 View Post
    And finally, how about these things I see all over the freeways:

Seriously? I just LOVE to stare at detailed and atomically correct testicles when out driving. Oh wait, no I don't.
    Quite right.

Of course, the real social affront lies in the subtle advancement of the homosexual agenda that is implicit in the subversive positioning of the trailer hitch relative to the scrotum. Down on all fours as it is, that truck sure does beckon for a good mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I'll bet that both of them are very stubborn inflexible people.
    They stood their ground while the people on the bus were inconvenienced.
    In my opinion it doesn't say much for either one of them.

The woman could have easily sat down and continued to breastfeed out of the sight of the driver.
    As already mentioned the bus driver should have more important things to worry about.
    The driver tried to prevent the nursing mother from boarding the bus in the first place. More importantly, the driver should have had the professionalism to continue along the route. A small corner of the metro region cannot have to grind to a halt because the driver sees something going on that arguably borders on being mildly inappropriate.

Instead, the driver refused to continue driving the bus and proceeded to wait for the police to arrive.

EDIT: The driver apparently waited for "security officers," not police.
    Last edited by fryar; June-30-11 at 03:19 PM.

As a woman, I am totally and completely on the side of breastfeeding mothers [[although I can't comment on the specifics of this case). I agree with whoever said that the discomfort of others is their problem. Breast milk is the very best for babies, and it's because of lingering stigmas -- NOT what's best for our infants -- that women are discouraged from nursing.

There are far more cultures in human history where public breastfeeding is the norm than otherwise. I also have highly educated, terminal degreed friends who make it a point to nurse in public with or without covering. [[One attorney friend in another state never covered -- she said she wasn't going to smother her baby just so some grownup would feel better.) I wouldn't feel comfortable not covering, but if/when I become a mother, I do plan to nurse. It's a no-brainer unless there are health issues, and as a passenger, which would you rather -- mind your own d*mn business while the woman nurses, or a hollering, hungry baby screaming for the entire ride?

It says a great deal that this even made the news.

If she did blatantly show/expose her nipple it was obviously to make a point for the breastfeeding black womes club or whatever its called, it was for exposure of their little movement. I dont have a problem with either, breastfeeding on the bus or shaking up the status quo.

Nipples are pretty much nipples. Its all just as bad as women showing some flank in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I'll bet that both of them are very stubborn inflexible people.
    They stood their ground while the people on the bus were inconvenienced.
    In my opinion it doesn't say much for either one of them.
    I find people who are violently militant on either side of this issue tiresome in the nth degree.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    I, for one, support all women who wish to expose their breasts, for any reason.

I am with you. They are all beautiful

I don't get it. Men like breasts, but don't want babies to drink milk from them?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I don't get it. Men like breasts, but don't want babies to drink milk from them?
    That is VERY easy to explain. As soon as a breast is shown as a nurturing and normal body part, it ceases to be a sexual turn on [[for some). This is why some men are no longer sexually attracted to their wives after they have given birth. She is a mother now, and no longer a sex object.

Sad and pitiful really, but it does happen that some men can't appreciate women for women, but only see them and their body parts as entirely for the purpose of sexual gratification FIRST, then all other roles after.

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Quite right.

Of course, the real social affront lies in the subtle advancement of the homosexual agenda that is implicit in the subversive positioning of the trailer hitch relative to the scrotum. Down on all fours as it is, that truck sure does beckon for a good mounting.
    Now that is funny!!

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    That is VERY easy to explain. As soon as a breast is shown as a nurturing and normal body part, it ceases to be a sexual turn on [[for some). This is why some men are no longer sexually attracted to their wives after they have given birth. She is a mother now, and no longer a sex object.

Sad and pitiful really, but it does happen that some men can't appreciate women for women, but only see them and their body parts as entirely for the purpose of sexual gratification FIRST, then all other roles after.
    Bingo. That's really what this [[and other "breastfeeding mothers are indecent" propaganda) is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post

Are you saying that only men oppose breast-feeding in public? Not clear to me.

I understand that the baby had to be fed, but take care of that BEFORE you go out in public. If the baby needs to be fed and this can't be avoided, go somewhere a little more private than a PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION BUS! There are people out there that are very uncomfortable seeing this. I personally couldn't care less, but a lot of people aren't that way.

The only reason people are appalled by this woman is because female breasts are viewed as sexual objects rather than the sole purpose for having them. To feed children.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    The only reason people are appalled by this woman is because female breasts are viewed as sexual objects rather than the sole purpose for having them. To feed children.
    They are sexual objects too though, that's the reason why some people aren't comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    They are sexual objects too though, that's the reason why some people aren't comfortable.
    Breasts are not sexual objects. They were turned into sexual objects which is why people are uncomfortable when they see women breastfeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I understand that the baby had to be fed, but take care of that BEFORE you go out in public. If the baby needs to be fed and this can't be avoided, go somewhere a little more private than a PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION BUS! There are people out there that are very uncomfortable seeing this. I personally couldn't care less, but a lot of people aren't that way.
    Do you long how long bus rides can be in this metro region for those who don't have transportation? I guess the alternative was to refrain from feeding the baby, and just let him or her scream and cry. Then the woman becomes yet another stereotypical "unfit mother." This country is so backwards... this is not something that most of the world cares about. [[Meanwhile, they're busily passing us by in all kinds of quality of life measures...)

Breasts are not sexual objects. They were turned into sexual objects which is why people are uncomfortable when they see women breastfeeding.
    Right. They're sexual objects in this culture... there are other cultures where they are not.

And not all breasts are sexual objects for all people. Just certain breasts on certain genders and for some people. I don't believe a small child should go hungry so that a small subset of the population won't get aroused. Neither does our evolutionary history as a species. Sorry, deal.

Breasts are not sexual objects. They were turned into sexual objects .
    Did this occur at the same time in Asia as it did in Europe?

IMO they are both. It all depends on the specific context. When a woman is nursing breasts are not sex objects. In the context of sex, sensuality and romance they are or can be. The problem is that some see them ONLY as sex objects. I recall that being an issue when I was nursing and I took great effort to make sure they were not exposed but some would freak out even seeing the silhouette of babies under a blanket or sheet nursing. Nuts!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-11 at 10:09 PM.

Lets try this again. YES they are.

There is a reality here. Even though I might not mind a women breast feeding in a public place, there are plenty of people that do. Some women are so good at breast feeding one can barely tell that they are doing it. Other women may not be so good at it.

Why can't mothers who breast feed pump some of their milk into bottles to feed the baby the morning of or the night before if they find themselves in a public place. After all its about the milk the breast is only the delivery system.

Some women are unable to extract milk from their breasts with a breast pump. And some young infants [[especially newborns) refuse to take a bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    ....Why can't mothers who breast feed pump some of their milk into bottles to feed the baby the morning of or the night before if they find themselves in a public place. After all its about the milk the breast is only the delivery system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast