Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Gilbert said again today that he is hoping to lure Apple. Have not seen renderings for Chase ground floor changes....

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofdetroit View Post
    Gilbert said again today that he is hoping to lure Apple. Have not seen renderings for Chase ground floor changes....
    Can't wait to see what this guy got up his sleeves!! Its all good to me...and..to all these doubters, skeptical of his Detroit 2.0 project, go somewhere else and down talk another city. His doing what many of our region leaders never done. He's on a roll and leaving you'll all behind. We finally get a leader who is progressive, straight foward, and willing to change to landscape of downtown Detroit, is it that we're slow and use to failure? He's smart and has a vision that some of you will never have. BE THE CHANGE YOU SEE IN OTHERS...Ase'!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Can't wait to see what this guy got up his sleeves!! Its all good to me...and..to all these doubters, skeptical of his Detroit 2.0 project, go somewhere else and down talk another city. His doing what many of our region leaders never done. He's on a roll and leaving you'll all behind. We finally get a leader who is progressive, straight foward, and willing to change to landscape of downtown Detroit, is it that we're slow and use to failure? He's smart and has a vision that some of you will never have. BE THE CHANGE YOU SEE IN OTHERS...Ase'!
    Gthomas.... save your breath and stop preaching to the choir....
    ... and you might get your message across better if you proofread your grammar...

It's the units of government and business community you should save your lectures for...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Gthomas.... save your breath and stop preaching to the choir....
    ... and you might get your message across better if you proofread your grammar...

It's the units of government and business community you should save your lectures for...
    I'm pretty sure your so called "Government and Business community" should hear my lecture, but I'm responding to your comments and others. I'm not making up this, you all is writing this and I'm responding. I will not be quiet and stop preaching just cause you feel a certain way. You're probably the person I'm talking about...leave me be, you not doing me a favor, GISTOK.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    I'm pretty sure your so called "Government and Business community" should hear my lecture, but I'm responding to your comments and others. I'm not making up this, you all is writing this and I'm responding. I will not be quiet and stop preaching just cause you feel a certain way. You're probably the person I'm talking about...leave me be, you not doing me a favor, GISTOK.
    Gthomas, you're not doing yourself any favor by telling everyone else on this forum what is already obvious to all of us who ARE historic preservation minded downtown boosters. "Preaching to the choir" is telling us "what we already know and already agree with".....

So save you lectures for the folks that need them, NOT most DYESers. Otherwise you come off as naiive and uninformed.

Lecturing the entire DYES group gets you nowhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Gthomas, you're not doing yourself any favor by telling everyone else on this forum what is already obvious to all of us who ARE historic preservation minded downtown boosters. "Preaching to the choir" is telling us "what we already know and already agree with".....

So save you lectures for the folks that need them, NOT most DYESers. Otherwise you come off as naiive and uninformed.

Lecturing the entire DYES group gets you nowhere....

How do you know I'm not reaching out to those politicians and community leaders? I'm very aware of the issues here and is doing my part as a concern citizen. I'm responding to who's talking too much, I say put your money where your mouth is. I understand what you are saying, but I'm frustrated that all we do is complain on here. I'm going to meetings/forums throughout the city fighting for what we need. I'm involve in many local organization and committees, traveling across states seeking economic improvement for Detroit. I'm very young, in my late 20's who loves my city...I left and came back to make a change. I see other cities doing what I'm trying to do here, but it's not easy convincing politicians and community leaders here. Its a power thing here and some need to get over themselves. Its not about you, more less for the citizens who lives through it everyday. I apologize if I come off like a preacher, but being nice isn't going to get far either?

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofdetroit View Post
    When/Where did he say this today?

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    When/Where did he say this today?
    Not sure if this is the story or not, but this was published yesterday: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._gilberts.html

I know it re-hashes a lot of what we already know, but it's a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by begingri View Post
    Not sure if this is the story or not, but this was published yesterday: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._gilberts.html

I know it re-hashes a lot of what we already know, but it's a good read.
    Gilbert is doing great things, but he needs to leave the rail to the government and the engineers. Center-running rail is needed almost everywhere on Woodward except for around his office towers. The M1 people need to let the Midtown portions run down the middle, if they want ANYONE AT ALL to ride the train to their offices downtown. Otherwise it will be slower than a bus. This is Light Rail, not a Streetcar. Denver and Minneapolis have both. Let's not get too horny over a glorified employee shuttle before we have a legitimate base for a regional transit system