Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1863

Thread: Alphabet Game

Zinnia

2. Default

Accidental flowers from my walks or by chance.

Irises by an empty lot.
    Name:  Iris.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  82.9 KB

3. Default

...and my personal favorite, the humble Dandelion.
    Name:  dandelion.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  148.5 KB

4. Default

Five or six years ago a Catalpa tree sprouted on my property in the perfect place to shade where I like to sit. This year came the reward when it blossomed.
    Name:  catalpa.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  49.1 KB

I wondered why my daughter planted one of those trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Five or six years ago a Catalpa tree sprouted on my property in the perfect place to shade where I like to sit. This year came the reward when it blossomed.
    Name:  catalpa.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  49.1 KB

Favorite foods?

Go for it. But include what about the food item makes it a favorite!!

Artichokes. Mom made them stuffed with Italian bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic and olive oil. Steamed in a covered sauce pan. Couldn't wait to get to the heart.

Was your mother my Godmother, Mary? Those are the kind I grew up on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Artichokes. Mom made them stuffed with Italian bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic and olive oil. Steamed in a covered sauce pan. Couldn't wait to get to the heart.

Bleu cheese from Maytag Farms in Iowa. It's creamy but not too soft; it has a real tang to it and is just so yummy. I love to pick it up at the farm when we go through Iowa.

Cookies!

From our childhood, I recall almond crescents lightly powdered in a big box that didn't last as long as we'd like! From the grocer's shelves, I enjoyed Pecan Sandies. And at Christmas, I remember helping Mom make Delectable Evergreens [[top and bottom layers from the Christmas Tree cookie cutter, then add some oatmeal brown sugar cookie dough on the bottom layer, and place the top layer with a square cut out in the middle, adding a walnut on top of the oatmeal mixture).

Of course, warm Peanut Butter cookies are still the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Was your mother my Godmother, Mary? Those are the kind I grew up on...
    Make 'em. So easy.

Dates - My sister's FIL stuffs them with an almond. Even better

Enchiladas!! My fave is Chicken Enchiladas Suizas!! My go-to dish at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Name:  D2938FF4-A930-40CF-AEC4-A4EC876D05DD.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  66.0 KBFish, while it lasts. My favorite is fresh caught walleye. Then possibly perch and panfish caught through the ice. My son brings me halibut every year from Alaska, hard to beat. I still love the old cod fish & chips with a little vinegar. Fish chowder. Sign me up.

I'm sticking with my Mexican favorites....

Guacamole...something that I can never pass up!! So yummy!!!

Hungarian goulash with spaetzl. One of my all time favorite dinners. And my husband makes it so well very

Jack fruit. Never had one. Doesn't look appealing to me.

Back to I....

Ice cream!

So many delicious flavors! I remember when Vanilla was my favorite flavor...always got the 10-cent vanilla cone at the Dairy Queen...and how when Dad took the family to a place with many flavors, he would get frustrated that I still selected vanilla!

Today The Grillmaster and I love going to our favorite ice cream joint [Clark's in Berkley]. Occasionally we head up Woodward to get some soft serve. And we seek out ice cream joints when we travel!!
    Last edited by Kathleen; July-31-21 at 02:58 PM.

Jalapenos, candied or pickled. Because I like a bit of spice but not too much

Kit Kat candy bars...Easy to share with 3 friends.

Lasagna!

One of my favorite dishes to make...always a different combination of cheese, meat, and sometimes spinach!!

Mushrooms.

I ate one once, and I died. Have not had one since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Mushrooms.

I ate one once, and I died. Have not had one since.
    You don't mean the "magic" ones do you?

Nectarines, my favorite summer fruit

Oranges; my second favorite fruit right after grapefruit.

Who doesn't like....Pizza!

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast