Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    What makes you think that adding a council in Washington DC "just might" make a difference out there in flyover country?

Apparently the 25 executive branch departments, agencies, and offices under the President's direction aren't able to produce the results the Obama wants. So the instinctive reaction of the former community organizer is to create a committee and add another layer to "coordinate", without bothering to hold his Cabinet members accountable for the poor results.

Anyone with executive experience knows that to solve underperformance you need to find the organizational obstacles and remove them - not "coordinate" around them.
    And how do you know this? Executive experience? Did you just add "coordinate" around them? Have you ever been a community organizer, thereby giving you insight into a community organizer's instinctive reactions? Even if what you say is true, is your point that NO!Bama is the only presidente in history to add a layer of bureaucracy or "coordinate'? I'm no NO!Bama fan but you seem to only point a finger at him and nobody who's preceded him. Let's face it, there's plenty of blame to go around at all times. And there is nobody making real and serious attempts at 'Change You Can Believe In'. Not now, and not the previous 16 years. Do you expect it from any of the republicrat candidates? Once in power, they'll do what all politicians do - pay back their contributors. And that ain't you and I.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    And how do you know this? Executive experience? Did you just add "coordinate" around them? Have you ever been a community organizer, thereby giving you insight into a community organizer's instinctive reactions? Even if what you say is true, is your point that NO!Bama is the only presidente in history to add a layer of bureaucracy or "coordinate'? I'm no NO!Bama fan but you seem to only point a finger at him and nobody who's preceded him. Let's face it, there's plenty of blame to go around at all times. And there is nobody making real and serious attempts at 'Change You Can Believe In'. Not now, and not the previous 16 years. Do you expect it from any of the republicrat candidates? Once in power, they'll do what all politicians do - pay back their contributors. And that ain't you and I.
    How do I know this? I've had 20 years of managerial work experience at a large corporation in the private sector, 16 years of which was at the executive level. I was also an appointed public official for 6 years in a city of 80,000 people where I learned how to chair public hearings, accept and respond to public criticism and also deal with self-styled "community organizers". I currently volunteer my services on the board of directors of three different organizations. Two of those boards are community associations where I live and the other is a non-profit whose board includes retired businessmen, educators and elected offficials. Over the years, I've learned a thing or two about how to get results not only from direct reports, but also from committee members and from volunteers. In the process, I also learned what kinds of organizational structures and approaches tend to get the best results and what not to repeat. But enough about me.

This thread is about President Obama, yet all I read is comments excusing his poor performance because of the previous administration, the Republicans in Congress, "they all do it", etc. There's no need to thread-jack. Bush and the Republicans have been - and remain - the subject of plenty of other threads in this forum. If you want to bring up "the republicrat candidates", start your own damn thread.