Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

If you want to sample the Ghost Pepper without the pain, you can try the Naga pizza. What is Naga?

Naga is the Bangledeshi name for Ghost Pepper. The Ghost Pepper comes from their region of the world, and they know how to cook with it. They use just a touch of the pepper so you magically the wonderful pepper taste without the pain.

They also have a spinach, tandoor, Southwestern [[Sauce from Hamtramck's Maria's Comida restuarant), veggie, seafood, BBQ, gyro, and Philly steak pizzas. Yes, those are all pizzas. You could experiment with these pizzas for awhile.

Ah, but that Chicago deep dish. It is about 2 inches thick and has a crust that is sort of pie-like in that it blends with the tomatoe source in a way that I have only seen happen on the absolute best southern peach cobbler [[like at Baker's Keyboard Lounge) ... or like I had as a kid in Alabama. But of course this is pizza with a tangy sauce in a golden crispy, flakey crust.
    Last edited by RickBeall; July-19-11 at 12:53 PM.

Default Chicago style pizzas

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    .. any good chicago-style pizzas served locally?

...any coney island places serve good pizza/slices?
    I have to agree with Uptown about the local Chicago Style Pizza from MiChigo pizza on 9 mile road in Ferndale.They have the best Chicago Style Pizza anywhere in the metropolitan Detroit Area and usually you can find a 15% discount coupon in the Metrotimes or on the Ferndale-mi website.Try them sometime and you will not be dissapointed!!!

A new place just opened up on Woodward across from Compuware called "Slices". Their prices are low and the pizza was damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by downriviera View Post
    vince's on springwells.

indeed! ! ! !

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RYANGUARD View Post
    I have to agree with Uptown about the local Chicago Style Pizza from MiChigo pizza on 9 mile road in Ferndale.They have the best Chicago Style Pizza anywhere in the metropolitan Detroit Area and usually you can find a 15% discount coupon in the Metrotimes or on the Ferndale-mi website.Try them sometime and you will not be dissapointed!!!
    Yep, and these ppl who whine and cry that it isn't is good havnt tried it or are just nerd raging bc it isnt some ghetto place where nobody wants to go

Jerry's, on livernois just north of grand river is pretty good.. though since the Happy's Pizza outlet opened about half a mile further north, my guess is that competition has increased..

Tie between Motor City & Supino's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5