Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think the Regal is a really sharp car. Not at all an old ladies car, like the Camry has become. I will be interested to see how the new Verano does. Not too sure about that name, though. I would have prefered Skylark.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I think the Regal is a really sharp car. Not at all an old ladies car, like the Camry has become. I will be interested to see how the new Verano does. Not too sure about that name, though. I would have prefered Skylark.
    It's obvious the Toyota Camry is attracting a younger crowd then any Buick model does.

The Regal is nice, but looks like a gussied up Pontiac G6 really. Pontiac was the car line they should have kept.

I was wondering when these models would be available in China? If Buick is going to continue to succeed in China they need to be smart and make cars that will appeal to that booming Chinese car market..

just driving home along side one and the guy couldn't have been more than 30. nice looking car for sure

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I'm in my 20s...if a Buick Regal was in my price range for a car, I would LOVE to have one.
    No doubt! I love the new buick regal, would buy it in a heart beat if I could afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    So let me get this straight... You think Buicks suck and they're boring clunkers for old people. And when Buick tries to address this by offering a car with a little excitement, you think it's ridiculous? You want them to make products you don't like?

The Regal is selling quite well, so maybe we "gotta wonder" about you, not those in charge of Buick.
    And Buick is making some damn good looking cars too. Certainly better than most other GM and American cars. Give them credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Good luck with that one.
    The average age of a Buick buyer is 70.
    Putting an Opel under a Buick skin ain't gonna cut it.
    Call the Regal what it is, an Opel.
    Whatever you choose to call it, the grand plan of automakers is the same as it has been for a half century, unsuccessful though they may have been - world platforms and products, interchangeability.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    The Big 3 blew it with a lot of the nameplates they dropped. Ford dropped the Taurus and other names like the Skylark were abandoned by GM. Ford saw the error of their ways with the Taurus but there are still too many new names such as the Verona that are going to have to be built upon. Then again, when you think about what manufacturers did with cars like the Thunderbird, enlarging, stretching and making them completely unrecognizable, I guess you might say they deserved to die.

Buick fucking Regal turbo.
    They didn't quite put it that way that in the ad...

Quote Originally Posted by BagAJellyDonuts View Post
    And don't forget the variable cam timing along with electronic controls. Toss in variable vane turbos and you are all set. BTW, the DI turbo [[ same thing as ecoboost) that GM sells beat Ford to the market by at least two years.

True that. GM just didn't bang the marketing drum like Ford did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    I was wondering when these models would be available in China? If Buick is going to continue to succeed in China they need to be smart and make cars that will appeal to that booming Chinese car market..
    As I posted before, Buick is the most popular brand of car in China. They sell twice as many Buicks in China as they do in the US. The Chinese version of the Regal has been sold there since 2009.

I'd rather have a bland, outdated car - design wise, that performs well and reliably than an exciting new car that looks good and requires constant maintenance. When US automakers create high mileage, good performing and reliable cars with good looks, I'll return. That is, if the economy cooperates. Can't buy a car with no job, no income, no unemployment and a losing business.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    When US automakers create high mileage, good performing and reliable cars with good looks, I'll return.
    What makes you think they aren't reliable now? Most current surveys show the domestics produce vehicles that are as trouble free as the imports. Not for every vehicle, to be sure, but many rank up there.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    It's obvious the Toyota Camry is attracting a younger crowd then any Buick model does.
    http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...c784881550.txt

"A woman will have her driving ability re-evaluated after she crashed into a Birmingham car dealership, damaging an $80,000 Lotus in the incident.

Birmingham police said a 92-year-old Southfield woman was pulling into a service drive near the Birmingham Auto Europe dealership.

The woman told police while she was parking her Toyota Camry she mistakenly hit the accelerator instead of the brake."

Buick drivers are older than 92?

You want an old fart's car, get that Camry. At least when you are that old you won't have to listen to all the "out of control" jokes for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    What makes you think they aren't reliable now? Most current surveys show the domestics produce vehicles that are as trouble free as the imports. Not for every vehicle, to be sure, but many rank up there.
    You know the truth, those that cling to the old prejudices that it has to Japanese to be "better' will never admit they bought a load of bull.

It would ruin their smug. The South Park episode where Prius owners were proud to smell their own farts is the absolute truth.

I'm 31 and I want one.....really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Just saw their ad during the NBA finals.

Buick fucking Regal turbo.

All of a sudden grandma wants a turbo?
    Are they intentionally trying to lose money?
    Ya gotta wonder.
    I sell new Buicks...so I'll spare everyone on how "good" I feel the Buicks are.... what I will say is ever since the enclave, lacrosse, and regal has hit the market the customer base has changed. the average age at our dealership has dropped from around 63 to 45.... and they keep getting younger and younger. before this line up came out I would do trade in offers on town cars and crown vics...now audi, bmw, lexus, it's been crazy!!! the one thing I can count on hearing on every test drive is "I can't believe we are even looking at buicks" they have done a great job and they stack up nice to any car on the market. I'm proud to sell them...not that I wasn't before...but now I would drive one!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Buick View Post
    I sell new Buicks...so I'll spare everyone on how "good" I feel the Buicks are.... what I will say is ever since the enclave, lacrosse, and regal has hit the market the customer base has changed. the average age at our dealership has dropped from around 63 to 45.... and they keep getting younger and younger. before this line up came out I would do trade in offers on town cars and crown vics...now audi, bmw, lexus, it's been crazy!!! the one thing I can count on hearing on every test drive is "I can't believe we are even looking at buicks" they have done a great job and they stack up nice to any car on the market. I'm proud to sell them...not that I wasn't before...but now I would drive one!
    Yay, for you, Buick, GM and all of us. Let's hope Buick keeps on a roll. My next time in the market, if Buick has an upscale, compact model, I'll definitely look it over.

rumor is they might release a Buick along the lines of the GMC terrain/caddy SRX! I hope so anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Mine, my friends and family's research makes me think. Just recently a Toyota outpolled and outscored many other models for a purchase. In the segments I and family have looked at and researched, domestic auto companies aren't quite in the same league. They're getting there but not quite. It's the 'not quite' I'm concerned about. I'm from a Ford family - every reason to buy domestic. But domestic means very little anymore other than headquarters.

Buicks have turned my head more than any other vehicles as of late. But, I'm an old fart. Regardless, Buick's looks and their constantly improving scores for quality and reliability have my attention too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2