Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It is about a man who advocated slicing people's brains up while they are alive.
    What do you think happens in operating rooms many times every day?

Remember, in the religious world where the belief is that 'God' knows all and does all, 'God' kills all living things whether they want to die or not.

And how do those in the religious world know that it's God who kills all living things whether they want to die or not? There is not ONE form in this world that is made to last. NOT ONE! EVERYTHING will die, expire, erode and even the sun, the universe maybe. But things are also born. But they are born to die. Who says it's God's doing? Maybe we are doing this to ourselves? Maybe we have choice/free will and physical death is something we choose here on planet earth? Nobody on this physical plane knows anything about jack, but we all like to pretend we do.

Deny the denial of truth that's what we really need to do.
    Last edited by MizMotown; June-03-11 at 03:07 PM.

http://finalexitnetwork.org/

Final Exit Network

Jack Kevorkian brought out the whole ethical, moral, etc. controversy on the right to die bottom line. I do believe if this is someone's choice it should be a VERY informed choice that is understood by the patient, family members, loved ones. I belive that all means should be taken into account medically in regards to the medical condition, mental health, chance of recovery, pain management, etc... but after all that that I believe that should a person choose to end their lives in a medically dignified setting it should be their choice. We show more mercy to suffering animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    What do you think happens in operating rooms many times every day?
    They don't slice up people in order to conduct experiments on them andmthem kill them. How ridiculous your comparisons of Kevorkian to medicine are. This has become pointless.

Dr. Emil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 13074Glenfield View Post
    Kevorkian was a monster. A study of 69 of his victims found that 75% were NOT terminally ill and 5 were found to have not illness whatsoever. Kevorkian primarily preyed on single and divorced women suffering from depression. He killed over 100 people. A hero? He was a mass murderer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=94765&page=1
    Do you believe that people have an inherent right to determine when to end their own life? A simple yes or no will suffice.

RIP Jack-while a family member of ours wastes away and loses all dignity due to Alzheimers, i understand why he did what he did, We all have our opinions of if it was right or wrong, yeah, this is pointless, we have better things to do like worrying if eminem got his Detroit 300 commercial ripped off! and should i buy King Kwames printed and bound lies!

They don't slice up people in order to conduct experiments on them
    Well, yes, they do. There is a great deal of exploratory and experimental surgery.

Really? How about suicide by cop? The difference being that the cops are unwilling participants protecting themselves and Kevorkian was a willing killer. Assisted suicide must not have been all it was cracked up to be. I note that despite his terminal cancer, Kevorkian didn't choose it for himself.
    So by this logic anyone with a terminal illness should just go ahead with an assisted suicide? Even the person that does it to others? Some choose to fight, some choose to go through the pain, some choose to live based on faith of a better day maybe, and some chose to call Jack. Let others do what they want, not what you think they should be doing.

You could, of course, nit pick each of his "cases" but in the end his patients chose to pull the cord. More than his assisted suicide issue, his issue was for a patient, a human being, to have a CHOICE.

Of course you want to change the subject away from what Kevorkian himself specifically advocated, but this is not about religion. It is about a man who advocated slicing people's brains up while they are alive. Did you read his material? Did you read his book? Did you read any portions of it? Or were you too lazy to do that before you fired off a ridiculous response? Not wanting to slice people up in the name of quackery is hardly prudish, folks.
    Pretty lame.

Of course you want to change the subject away from what Kevorkian himself specifically advocated, but this is not about religion. It is about a man who advocated slicing people's brains up while they are alive. Did you read his material? Did you read his book? Did you read any portions of it? Or were you too lazy to do that before you fired off a ridiculous response? Not wanting to slice people up in the name of quackery is hardly prudish, folks.
    Another one of those "I read one book, saw one teevee program' experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emil View Post
    Do you believe that people have an inherent right to determine when to end their own life? A simple yes or no will suffice.
    Yes!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Something I could never figure out was that if guy was a doctor, why didn't he have an office to perform these procedures?.
    He was retired.

Wow. You folks are either completely ignorant of who Kevorkian was and what he believed in, or you are totally depraved.

DetroitPole Guest

Wow. You folks are either completely ignorant of who Kevorkian was and what he believed in, or you are totally depraved.
    Oh enlightened one, how wise you are, who doesn't have to struggle with these issues. How the rest of us are either "ignorant" or "depraved." How easy it must be to live life as you do, with everything being black and white, and those who disagree with you being either "ignorant" or "depraved."

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Oh enlightened one, how wise you are, who doesn't have to struggle with these issues. How the rest of us are either "ignorant" or "depraved." How easy it must be to live life as you do, with everything being black and white, and those who disagree with you being either "ignorant" or "depraved."
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Another one of those "I read one book, saw one teevee program' experts.
    It's not a book. I read HIS book where in HIS OWN words he explains his beliefs and what he hopes to accomplish. Where did you get your understanding of Kevorkian? The TV news? A movie? Or did you read what he said about himself? I thought so.

Dr. Emil Guest

Glenfield, do you or do you not believe that people have an inherent right to determine when to end their own life?

Beyond Dr. Kevorkian's quirky methods, he has made us think about our own mortality in a different way. If a beloved pet is suffering, many of us have no issues "putting it down". It's often thought of being humane and compassionate. I have no issues with him giving suffering people the option to die with a measure of dignity. Is lingering around becoming a shadow of one's self really that much more compassionate to the people who care for us?

So while some people might think of him as a monster, I also see the compassion that he invoked by giving people an option to go out in a measure they saw fit- and not by any measure a government or religious body saw as appropriate.

For those of us who disagree with some of your views, we can sink down to your level and call you every third disparaging thing as well. We can intelligently disagree without you and leave it at that without making it personal.

Every doctor nationwide should be required by law to offer the services Dr. Jack did. Patients should never be forced to suffer needlessly.

Although I am certainly depraved enough to understand where he was coming from, Dr. Kevorkian's story has very little to do with the doctor. Ill or not, I support anyone's choice to end their life at any point.

Your opinion.

It's not a book. I read HIS book where in HIS OWN words he explains his beliefs and what he hopes to accomplish. Where did you get your understanding of Kevorkian? The TV news? A movie? Or did you read what he said about himself? I thought so.
    So it was one book and not even one teevee program.

You actually read one book and you know all about Kevorkian. Pretty well edumacated, I'd say.

This kind of closed-minded, self-righteous thinking is why we have so many problems today. Too many people think their way is the only way and they are bound and determined to make everyone agree with them come hell or high water.

What ever happened to freedom of choice and self-determination?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast