Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, you're serious? Oh my. Didn't Bush "send our troops to kill and keep killing?" How is that conveniently forgotten?
    @ least Bush didnt have a Nobel PEACE prize. and at least Bush went through the motions of a trial before Killing Saadam. I didnt agree w/ it but at least Bush went through the motions. I dont agree w/ our goverment behing the worlds hit men. Bush did start an unjust war, Bush did lie, but the diff between the two is you expected it from Bush, Obama not. and at least Bush looked out for Blacks except for the ones in New Orleans. but what has Obama done for the Haitians, or Black people period besides speaches.

What should Obama do for Haiti and Black people?

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Dude, the economy tanked in the meantime -- nobody has money anymore to sponsor what are essentially big, free parties. The lack of these events has entirely nothing to do with Kwame leaving. Just because two things happen at the same time does not mean there is a cause/effect relationship.
    The economy Tanked in Detroit along time ago. but its funny how no one wants to give credit for things that went right w/ the city while he was in office, but everyone blames him for everything that went wrong. the neighborhoods dirty, people killing each other, crime is up, my street light is out, the garbage man didnt empty my container all the way, was all KK's Fault while he was in office, and still is to this day. no one elses just KK's. KK stole all the money thats why the city is broke. KK gave all the jobs to family and friends thats why we are unemployed. and on and on and on. yada yada yada yada. and even stuff Bing cant get right is somehow someway KK's Fault. stop using KK as the scapegoat to all of Detroits problems. KK's been gone for over 2 years now and Nothing in this city got better. Oh thats right the economy tanked. so since the economy is bad we shouldnt try nor expect anything fun or exciting around here huh

Send some Relief to haiti, and allow Blacks more Funding for Schools. thats all I ask. no I'm not one of those send us a check ppl. but I do believe Blacks in this country should receive a free education, for the torture and degrading treatment, racism, jim crow, beatings etc. we have had to endure in this Country. I dont beleive cash is the answer nor do I believe welfare is the answer. as a matter of fact welfare is one of the biggest problems in this country now. Granted its needed but there needs to be time limits on it unless you have a diability. I am against cash cause all we gone do is give it back. we gone buy cars, houses etc. and in one generation be back in the same boat, education is the only way out of our current situation.

the funny part about you guys is you replied to everything except when I stated stefani and gb commited extortion. I guess you guys turn a blind eye on that kind of stuff unless its KK huh

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    the funny part about you guys is you replied to everything except when I stated stefani and gb commited extortion. I guess you guys turn a blind eye on that kind of stuff unless its KK huh
    You don't see the difference here?

Stefani was a lawyer advocating for his clients - he arguably went too far in negotiating a settlement [[one which Kilpatrick seemed to be OK with at the time) Kilpatrick was ruining people's lives and wasting city resources trying to cover up an affair.

Also, this is about 1/10th of what Kilpatrick is accused of. The real corruption trial is starting soon.

The reason so many people have a beef with Kilpatrick isn't just that he screwed the city up so royally that it has become the punchline for late-night TV monologues, it's that he doesn't seem to care about it. At all. Zero remorse.

Actually I take that back - he's pretty sorry that he got caught.

According to U.S. Aid website, by August 2010, the goverment had contributed $657 million to various initiatives for Haiti. This does not include the countless millions sent by American churches, corporations, the Red Cross, etc. The Archdiocese of Detroit, for example, raised and sent about $2 million to Haiti immediately after the earthquake.

I'm Irish. I want my free shit, too, since my people had to endure tons of ill treatment by the fine citizens of the USA. Everyone has a sob story. Everyone has a reason to want a free whatever because of the ill treatment they received. Get over it.

Send some Relief to haiti, and allow Blacks more Funding for Schools. thats all I ask. no I'm not one of those send us a check ppl. but I do believe Blacks in this country should receive a free education, for the torture and degrading treatment, racism, jim crow, beatings etc. we have had to endure in this Country. I dont beleive cash is the answer nor do I believe welfare is the answer. as a matter of fact welfare is one of the biggest problems in this country now. Granted its needed but there needs to be time limits on it unless you have a diability. I am against cash cause all we gone do is give it back. we gone buy cars, houses etc. and in one generation be back in the same boat, education is the only way out of our current situation.

Sorry folks, I couldn't resist. I probably missed some things because I am a bit loopy on allergy meds.

Corrected version of 313's post:
    Send some relief to Haiti [[deleted comma) and allow blacks more funding for schools. That's all I ask. No, I'm not one of those send us a check ppl. but I do believe blacks in this country should receive a free education [[deleted comma) for the torture and degrading treatment, racism, Jim Crow Laws, beatings, etc. we have had to endure in this country. I don't beleive cash is the answer nor do I believe welfare is the answer. As a matter of fact, welfare is one of the biggest problems in this country now. Granted, it's needed but there needs to be time limits on it unless one has a diability. I am against cash because all we are going to do is give it back. We are going to buy cars, houses etc., and in one generation be back in the same boat. Education is the only way out of our current situation.
    Last edited by DetroitTeacher; June-03-11 at 07:24 PM.

I probably missed some things because I am a bit loopy on allergy meds.
    Let me help:

ppl
    diability

beleive

[[I'm sincerely trying to help. I always welcome corrections to my posts. It's the only way to improve.)

We seem to have a new troll on these boards.

Thanks Pam and Jimaz! I do think that ppl. is a legit abbreviation for "people", though.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    I'm Irish. I want my free shit, too, since my people had to endure tons of ill treatment by the fine citizens of the USA. Everyone has a sob story. Everyone has a reason to want a free whatever because of the ill treatment they received. Get over it.
    Exactly. Who isn't a victim nowadays?

313whiner -Get over it! I'm proud that my son [[hispanic) refused to use that as his means for getting a full scholarship to college. People who only talk about Race and racial pride usually have little personal accomplishments to speak about. My ancestors did not have slaves but I look pretty white so go ahead and blame me for you being a moron.

I did vote for Obama though and believe Bush to be one of the worst presidents but race had nothing to do with. I live in Texas and saw Bush as governor.

Default who's down?

with all the heat this thread has created, I'm wondering if any one of you has plunked down the $26.95 for the book and, if so, why and what are your expectations?

The funny thing about this thread is everyone addresses my gramar, spelling, etc as if this is a formal setting. I didnt know it was. however no one has addressed the actuall content of what I was saying. no one explained to me how what GB and Stefani did wasnt extortion nor have you guys explained how those cops and Karen Plants got off for the same crime so easily, w/o all the media fiasco. I wonder why that is. hmmmm. I was just talking about Bush and Obama cause I figured Bush to b one of your heros or something. thats my fault. Obama is better than Bush I just dont think we should just kill people w/o at least going through the motions. I dont beleive in the death penalty and dont beleive the government should be allowed to do illegal things and expect its citizens not to. P.S. its a law on the boos that states everyone be treated equally regardless if you are elected or a average citizen. I think its called the equall protections act. but we all know for the most part it boils down to your wallet. but in the court of Law judge Groner said Mr. Kilpatrick you ask the court to not treat you any different, but you are different. WTF is that about. our have you guys forgot about that moment.

The book doesn't come out until July 25th.

I already have the book and its everything you expect and more. its not a rant its not a book full of bashing or hatred its a book about his life. the good the bad and the ugly in his own words. you ppl have made this man a monster when all he really was, was an average guy who was too immature and didnt realize the entire depth of his role in this whole endeavor

Default 313

Either 313hero is "KK" posting about himself from prison or there truly is no hope for the city of Detroit.

Oh well, I suppose people like Kim Jung Il and Saddam Hussein too

Is this the same Elrick that we owe such a debt of gratitude to for saving our City and nation from more years of KK lies and theft? If so, I wish I could bring myself to buy the book so I could contribute. I just can't however buy such an unreflective "memoir." wouldn't most serious people take a year or two at least to reflect on and distill an experience like KK's? Then you could respect the growth that emerges.
    This sounds like it's going to be a self-serving whine.

313hero: He didnt do everything perfect, he made alot of mistakes and commited some crimes, but He gave me Hope and the realization that a guy like me from Linwood can do great things. so thats what I do.
    What great things did KK do? The "Nobody's Perfect" argument doesn't work with elected officials who use their office to steal from the people who elected him. And your argument that KK gave you hope could also be said about G W Bush. "If you're a prince, there's hope for every ape in Africa."[from "The Lion in Winter"]

...all he really was, was an average guy who was too immature and didnt realize the entire depth of his role in this whole endeavor
    He was a married man in his thirties and a former state legislator. This excuse sounds like that politician who claimed "youthful indiscretion" in his forties. KK didn't have much of a moral conscience or a sense of responsibility for the office he held. Just because he's not alone does not lessen his guilt. The excuse that everyone does it is just irresponsibly childish thinking.
    Last edited by maxx; June-07-11 at 03:45 AM.

I wonder where 313hero got this unreleased book? Could he be one of Kwame's kids?

I already have the book and its everything you expect and more. its not a rant its not a book full of bashing or hatred its a book about his life. the good the bad and the ugly in his own words. you ppl have made this man a monster when all he really was, was an average guy who was too immature and didnt realize the entire depth of his role in this whole endeavor

313 whiner -its not just that you can't write - you can't read either. No wonder you want special considerations based on race - its clear you won't get anything on merit.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 313hero is here for the express purpose of defending Kwame. You got to do your part when you're on the friends and family program, I guess ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast