Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wasn't Little Harry's bought by Anita Baker? From what I remember she backed out on a project she had for the building - I never made it inside - Either dinner hours were over or the building was suspiciously closed when I pulled into the parking lot ... I never made it inside Muirs as well [just the parking lot] - Dinner hours ended and I never tried again --- Still kicking myself over that!!

Quote Originally Posted by alkiwat View Post
    Wasn't Little Harry's bought by Anita Baker? From what I remember she backed out on a project she had for the building - I never made it inside - Either dinner hours were over or the building was suspiciously closed when I pulled into the parking lot ... I never made it inside Muirs as well [just the parking lot] - Dinner hours ended and I never tried again --- Still kicking myself over that!!
    Don't worry. You can visit the new Muirs in the Ren Cen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by alkiwat View Post
    Wasn't Little Harry's bought by Anita Baker? From what I remember she backed out on a project she had for the building
    Her and her hubby, from what I remember supposedly had plans for a record store or something. If memory serves me correctly, then they tore it down and built the IHOP that currently occupies the sight.

First legal drink, a pina colada, at Victor Lim's. Went to Chin Tiki's after the prom. First date with husband Forbidden City. Favorite downtown cafeteria Greenfields. Favorite lunch spot Flaming Embers.

I remember my father taking us to either Larco's..near U of D I think...or Palombo's...which was on Eight Mile on the west side...near Telegraph I think...but this was like 50 years ago. They were both very nice restaurants with great food, music and dancing. I learned to dance with my dad there! Some great memories of dressing up, having "Shirley Temple" drinks and eating a great meal, then dancing with my dad...who is now 95.

I had my prom at the Roostertail, they had pretty good chicken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2