Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There a pile of ~200 bricks where a house fell down a few weeks ago behind Honest Johns. Go to the alley that is north of Selden and east of Second.

Thats a good idea socks. My friend owns that garage, I doubt he would mind,

Also, the Antique Brick Company on Chene is full of pallets of bricks for the taking. I used to sell bricks there.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    He was talking about folks coming up on him while picking up bricks on St. Aubin in terms of personal safety. I also mentioned the dogs in terms of personal safety as there are many, many stray dogs in that area that travel in packs, are dangerous, have the potential to attack you, & don't have their shots. Please don't make a joke or criticism of my statement because it shows you obviously aren't familiar that section of that street if you think I was suggesting he look for a stray dog there as a pet.
    JACKIE - Have a sense of humor Geez-bands of wild dogs do not make good pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean2026 View Post
    JACKIE - Have a sense of humor Geez-bands of wild dogs do not make good pets.
    I got your sense of humor and found it hilarious!

Just a minute ago I went to craigslist - under "free" - do a search and type in "bricks" seems to me alot of people are giving them away. Good luck in your search!

Does anyone [[Lowell?) know where that pile of orange bricks that is shown in the website's photos is located?

I have a feeling it was of the Piquette Market after it burned.

Happie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    If you're patient... perhaps you can get some of the rare pearl blue Swedish Granite from Ford Auditorium once they raze it...
    Thanks for announcing that to the scrappers. What does the granite from the Ford auditorium have to do with bricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Happie View Post
    Thanks for announcing that to the scrappers. What does the granite from the Ford auditorium have to do with bricks?
    Most likely somebody has already laid dibs and paid for on that aspect.

thanks all! I've just bought an air hammer and look to head out this weekend. Just making a small rarely walked upon garden path so any brick will do. Any flaking from the weather might even add to the look.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    I've just bought an air hammer
    Cool new toy : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2