Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

<em>

Hah! The shift of black people shift from our assumed heirloom dedication to the dem party and Biden specifically is BEYOND Kilpatrick's quid pro quo!

More black people have concluded that Biden's policies do not include our best interests or values.

As the far left has hijacked the dem party we're coming to a 'this far and no further' point regarding Biden party policies and clearly demonstrated priorities - and our allegiance therein!

Our democratic vote is no longer default.

Which does not necessary mean a vote for Trump either!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Deadline Detroit- Kilpatrick attends Trump rally, indicates disinterest in voting for Joe Biden:

Deadline Detroit | Ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick Attends Trump Rally in Michigan, Says He's Not Voting For Biden
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-24 at 05:36 AM.

Not shocking that people/ groups align with what promotes their best interest.

Certainly not an exclusive response from the repubs or conservative party!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Not a shock to me. Trump set him free.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-24 at 05:38 AM.

They have always said,politics makes for strange bedfellows.

But you currently have somebody thst is trying to one up and create more damage to the city,when you are more interested in bringing in the international courts to charge the U.S. and Israel with genocide.

It’s not very helpful to the city you are representing when you should be working on mass transit solutions,bringing stable government jobs to the region and working on making it a heritage site,things that would actually help the citizens you represent.

So it is really no different then what Kwame did in telling the citizens to deal with it as they go off in their own direction,the problem is it makes it harder for the citizens because not only do they have to fight all that much harder to build a better city and create a better public image you have the additional hurdle of people that are supposed to represent you and use their position to help you trying to pull the rug out from under you.

I do not agree with the pardon but it was your city movers and shakers that instigated it for somebody that was never on the radar of Trump in the first place and sense the pattern of politicians working in their best interests versus the ones they represent,I would be more concerned about motive verses the individual players.

In order to make the case to Trump in the first place your local movers and shakers had to get into the inner circle to catch his ear which brings to question,if it was totally about politics and Trump being in the Republican Party,why would democrats from a historically democrat city be allowed to be in a hard and fast republican circle?

We live in a time where our political opponents are our sworn enemies but yet here you had your political arm right smack dab in the middle of the lair of your sworn enemy pulling off a pardon.

It kinda makes it appear as though at the end of the day we are not actually sworn enemies,we just have different ways of going about things and if we really put our energy into it we can get things done,unfortunately this probably was not the best example of what can be done and could may have been leveraged in a more positive way ,but it does show you its entirely possible.
    Last edited by Richard; May-17-24 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They have always said,politics makes for strange bedfellows.
    And prison makes big hairy-ass bedfellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    And prison makes big hairy-ass bedfellows.
    I guess actual life experiences gains a more personal take on that,personally even when I was in the military where multiple men showers at the same time I did not feel compelled to take notice of men’s butt grooming habits,but like they say if that’s what trips your trigger more power to you.

But I have no doubt that if you spoke to people in prison like you do here on occasion you would be a bend over Betty pretty quick,if you made it that long.

I doubt Kwame was in with the general population and was not exactly doing hard time.

Local jail is not prison and not all prisons are the same,I know a few serving time in prison and it ranges from like being on a cruise ship that you can never leave with wife visits on the weekends to high profile on lock down 24/6,most of it depends on how much money they can get from you before you go in and those who are in with excess to a lot of money are not exactly doing hard time anyways.

So as much as your wishful thinking carries on,you may be better off trying to pass wooden nickels.
    Last edited by Richard; May-17-24 at 05:36 PM.

Kwame's support will hurt Trump in Michigan. The gangsta voting constituency here is tiny.

Yea stranger things have happened,you have to remember the Trump family were staunch supporters of the democrat party while pumping millions into it for decades,so those ties run deep.

As the population increases in Detroit so does its political power over the state,so it’s not about Michigan it’s the strategic long game of controlling Detroit politically.

Like I posted,the opposing party in Detroit had enough power to present his case to Trump,why would you pardon a political opponent if there was not a long game plan involved?

It’s still a majority African American city and when you look at regions like the black belt across the south that is stagnant and seeped in poverty have remained that way because for decades they continue to vote identity politics it’s totally irrelevant if the person they are voting for is going to actually do anything.

You see the same thing you see in Detroit,to some extent,it’s our city we are not going to allow it to be a white city.

So that old school mentality is if you control the African American politics in a majority African American city in large population centers you control the majority of the vote for the rest of the state.

On the presidential level the electoral college aspect prevents that from happening but if you get enough people in those seats the party controls the state.

That’s why the push to abolish that is happening.

Its not Kwame himself it’s the power he yields within the African American party and there are still a lot of African Americans that believe in the power of forgiveness.

It’s nothing personal it’s politics where nobody is really anybody’s friend and when you shake a politicians hand the only thing going through their mind is how can you help me gain more power or benefit me,if politicians actually cared about the people they represent Detroit and the others would have never gotten into the state they were in.

Kwame is just a pawn in a game of chess,it’s not his support Trump is seeking to benefit from,it’s the people that still support Kwame that are saying ,he likes Trump and Trump helped him,maybe he is not such a bad guy after all,I will vote for Trump.

On a personal level,neither one of them probably gives a crap about each other,it’s all posturing.

That is our downfall as voters when we play the identity politics game,we only hurt ourselves and lose the ability to see that they are not out leaders but they work for us and results count and everything else is Bs ,if they do not produce results fire them.

But people will let a city fall down around them before they will break that cycle.

Detroit is a perfect example of the ability to stay within party lines and produce positive results,you just have to make better choices.

You see what just happened in Baton Rouge,the NAACP and city leaders all say it was about race but it had nothing to do with race because people of all races and affiliations said they had enough of crumbling schools and crime said,we have had enough and they left and formed their own new city.

They felt that was the only way they were going to break that cycle.

It is like white flight all over again but on a scale of social economics verses color because they said you want everything for free while you continue to vote in people that are not helping while destroying everything you get for free,so we are out of here.

It’s kind of a disturbing trend though,because the difference is in Detroit they stuck with it and implemented change for a better city from within and over time that ratio of economic scale will change.

But people got caught up in - What do we want - We want it now - but it is like anything else ,it takes time and a lot of work and there will always be that one thing nobody can take away from the citizens,that pride that comes with the ability to say - We did this,you are basically rebuilding a city from scratch,that’s commendable.
    Last edited by Richard; May-18-24 at 06:54 AM.

I dunno. Maybe if Trump get's his face on one of those 19 Crimes booze bottles his support numbers will go up even more!

19-Crimes-Wines-Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Kwame's support will hurt Trump in Michigan. The gangsta voting constituency here is tiny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3